Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20140829_152618.jpg 20140829_174946.jpg 20140829_153058.jpg

So the plow is installed on my 2014 Ace but not without some issues. The quality of Polaris's accessories are such high quality and this is plow setup is no exception. I love the quality of every piece of this plow. unfortunately being one of the first people in the country to get one had its issues. Most important is the fact that the kit came with a mounting plate that was a prototype! The mounting plate looks nothing at all like the one on Polaris's website. Although the one I got does fit the machine and will do the job just fine, its WAY different than the new one they sell now. If you are going to get one you should ask what plate you are going to get. The one I have has all kinds of brackets and plates that suck to install. They obviously new that at the Polaris factory and changed to a very easy to install unit. (at least it looks that way by the picture on their website). The one that I have requires you to install the winch before you mount the plate if your installing the winch in the low area of the front frame. By the looks of the new style plate that is not an issue at all and looks like it will install in a few minutes. Even though the plate I got is the same part number it is not at all the same. I will call Polaris engineering after the holiday weekend and ask them whats going on with this. (and update you all right away of course.

The winch mounting area down low that people are using is TOO LOW!! The winch cable will only move a few inches to go up and down and could easily suck in the hook. The winch is also going to be down in the dirt and snow. I also do not like the angle of the cable coming from the winch to the plow frame versus a higher bumper mount or brush guard mounts that I have seen which are much higher up and have a good amount of cable out of the winch giving you some protectection against sucking in the hook. The height that you can raise the plow up is huge and I love it. Now you can load the Ace on to a trailer and keep the blade on.

More to come soon after I talk to engineers at Polaris and EMP!

As for price and choices you have a few different choices you can make to fit your budget and needs. The blade I installed is the 52 inch steel blade. The steel blade is of course heavier than the plastic but less expensive. You need to think about weight. If you are going to mount a heavy blade you want to go with lighter bumpers or brush guards. Some bumpers add lots of weight right out to the front end of the machine. For instance, the Extreme Metal Products Bumper weighs 40 lbs. I think they have the highest quality bumper on the market but its not much of brush guard. It does not do anything to protect the headlight area when compared to the Polaris brush guard. I am going to call EMP and ask if they could provide an option to not have those big side angle parts of the bumper that would cut down the weight but still provide the best bumper and winch mount on the market. They do incorporate some awesome protection for the lower front end and more importantly....The radiator!
If you want to go light weight there are several other options on the market that provide good protection with less weight.

Overall opinion on this plow setup, awesome! Very high quality on even the small parts of the kits. Worth every penny and if you want you could recoup your investment by plowing for some neighborhood people.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Snow plow mount for 2014 ace---has anyone found a mount besides the original polaris part 2879634 that will work on the ace and is cheaper than the polaris original. Won't be long here in ne pa till the white stuff starts to fall. I am going to have to order a set up soon! If i can't find some other mounting system i'll have to bite the bullet and lay out the cash for the polaris set up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Polaris Glacier pro is the only plow system available for the Ace anywhere.There are no other mounts or plows available anywhere. I did a google image search for Polaris ace plow and there were only 3 pictures on there of an Ace with a plow and those were all mine! I was able to buy my complete plow system including the Blade, Mount, and Frame for About $525.00 when I bought it from gopolarisparts.com. If you buy from online parts dealers you will get a decent discount on factory parts like I did. I have to say that the Glacier system quality is incredible! All bolts and hardware were good quality and every part I installed lined up perfectly with each other. If you have any questions I would be happy to help you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks usstickers for the info! I am going to order the mount and push frame and try to adapt my moose 55 inch blade. The blade is only 3 years old and is almost like new. If i can't adapt the blade i will buy one like yours. I only have a driveway to clean each snow fall with the plow which take me about 20 minutes or less each time ; shoveling is out of the question!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just ordered the plow system for our Ace since I sold my Sportsman 500 last week with plow. I'll have to see how the Ace will do with snow removal this winter. It is a little longer but I'll see how different it is with a steering wheel verses handle bars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I too just ordered the Glacier pro plow system for my Ace. Best prices found a gopolarisparts.com . Mount, frame and blade for $527.97( free shipping, notax, 20% off list price)

Thanks again to usstickers for the info..

pt#2879634 mount
pt#2879630 frame
pt#2879639 blade

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks usstickers for the info! I am going to order the mount and push frame and try to adapt my moose 55 inch blade. The blade is only 3 years old and is almost like new. If i can't adapt the blade i will buy one like yours. I only have a driveway to clean each snow fall with the plow which take me about 20 minutes or less each time ; shoveling is out of the question!!!
You are very welcome. How about posting some pictures when you are done......

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are very welcome!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also when you get your parts can you send me a picture of the frame mounting plate? They were making a change to a new style and I would like to know if they did that yet.

You went to the right place to buy it . I bought mine from gopolarisparts.com
I too just ordered the Glacier pro plow system for my Ace. Best prices found a gopolarisparts.com . Mount, frame and blade for $527.97( free shipping, notax, 20% off list price)

Thanks again to usstickers for the info..

pt#2879634 mount
pt#2879630 frame
pt#2879639 blade

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Mustang.

I believe it was 7 business days til it was at my door. It actually came from usps priority mail in 3 packages. The blade was in 1 package, the frame mount was in another package and the push frame assembly was in another box. I had to go to the post office and pick the packages up, they are too big for them to deliver. They will probably send you a notice with your regular mail telling you they are at the post office and ready for pick up. Have you checked out my new website yet? Polaris Ace ATV HOME PAGE I will post the front cover of each manual on my review page Polaris Ace ATV MY PICTURES AND PRODUCT REVIEWS this evening so you can see what to expect.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just received the Glacier pro plow system, opened all 3 packages and everything in good condition . Will start assembling it this weekend. Great to have all the photos and forum help available for assembling. Thanks to all that post on this forum!!!!! That's what we need more of; SHARED INFO WITH A GROUP THAT HAS THE SAME INTEREST AND NEEDS AS YOURS...

·
Registered
218 Posts
it installs very easily and quickly .
After you try the lock and ride feature with your winch to hook it up......do try and wipe the silly grin off your face !:D
unhooking is even easier ............step on the red pedal , back away ...done!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it installs very easily and quickly .
After you try the lock and ride feature with your winch to hook it up......do try and wipe the silly grin off your face !:D
unhooking is even easier ............step on the red pedal , back away ...done!
I agree for sure. Just moved my plow for storage and hook up and drop off were sweet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All assembled and tested. You're right. Works great. Hooks up so easy and taking it off is even easier. Plow for the King Quad was a pain in the rear to hookup . Nothing worst than laying in the snow to hook up when getting ready to plow!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
they aint for just pushing snow around either ......................

this was once a big pile of logs and logging debris left over from god only knows how long when we bought our property . All cut up and split and everything cleaned up easy with the plow .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great to hear. I'm glad it worked out for you, bring on the snow so I can play in my new machine!
All assembled and tested. You're right. Works great. Hooks up so easy and taking it off is even easier. Plow for the King Quad was a pain in the rear to hookup . Nothing worst than laying in the snow to hook up when getting ready to plow!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NICE! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses their plow for multiple purposes.
they aint for just pushing snow around either ......................

this was once a big pile of logs and logging debris left over from god only knows how long when we bought our property . All cut up and split and everything cleaned up easy with the plow .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sweet it CAN do some work and is not just a toy to have fun with(nothing wrong with just a toy). The goal I have with mine is to replace the garden tractor, I would think the Ace has more tractive force than a garden tractor beings its awd and slightly heavier. Mind you I don't do any garden work(heavy pulling) just snow removal, light hauling,, I plan to get the snow plow from Polaris and I might even convert a snowblower for those big dumpers we get from time to time and converting a 5' mower deck to cut the back few acres.

·
Registered
20 Posts
got my plow mounting plate and push tubes last friday and saturday hooked it up. just like you said everything is quality made and installs easy enough; however i found out my moose blade will not match up to the glacier system. the moose hook up on the blade is much too narrow to accept the polaris push tube. i guess i'll put my moose blade and push tube up for sale and get the polars blade to finish up my setup.
your pictures really helped me to complete the the job in no time!! thanks a lot for the instructions.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts