Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first chance to use the snow plow I bought back in the summer. (Crazy time to buy a snow plow, right?) Had to wait this long to get to use it, but it was worth the wait. We had back to back 12" snows, first one Monday, Feb. 16th, and then 12 more on Saturday, Feb. 21st. I cleaned driveways and our street, as the VDOT now plow didn't come by until after I had plowed the street and the driveways! The ACE really was a back saver! Plowed up hill, down hill, across slopes. The only thing I think would be helpful is about 200 lbs of weight in the rear compartment to keep the rear end going straight when backing up on a side slope. I noticed when backing up on a slope that the rear end sometimes wanted to slide downhill instead of "sticking" to the ground to allow me to back straight up. Other than that, it had plenty of power to push even heavy, wet snow. All the neighbors were impressed, and even the wife! Great little machine! Next time it snows, I will have to get her to video it.
View attachment 2992 View attachment 2991

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice setup, I was somewhat concerned about the Ace being able to handle the 60" blade but 12" with a 66" sounds reassuring.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of this little guy, especially when pushing 8" of snow uphill on the neighbor's driveway across the street. Here's a picture of what the fellow's driveway looks like. View attachment 2997
This was in the morning on Saturday when the snow had just got started again. If you look over the cab of the truck, you can see the outline of the drive, going up the hill to the right, and the only part of his house visible is the edge of the garage on the right side of the picture. The snow eased off a bit about 7pm, and I decided to go hit it. There was about 9-10" on the drive at that time, and temps were about 24-25 degrees. I also plowed the other neighbor's driveway (brick house), but his driveway is not visible there. It too goes uphill like the one in the picture. Plowed both going uphill easily in 4WD low. It started snowing again before I got both drives done, and gave us 2-3 more inches. When I pushed the snow on the road in front of our houses, some parts were untouched, no traffic, and it was a good 12" deep. Tilted the blade to the side and kept it going all the way to the end. It was very controllable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow that's pretty steep and to think the Ace could push that up hill,, impressive! I am really thinking the Ace is more than capable to handle snow duties here without a problem. I like multi purpose machines!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to plow again last night! Got 4" more of the snow/sleet mixture from noon to 5pm. Bad part of it was that when I finally got home to start clearing the snow, it was about 8:30pm, and 27 degrees. When I would shovel the snow off the concrete driveway, it would flash-freeze to a thin film of ice. So, I got the ACE out and went to it. Got my driveway done, the street in front of my house and the five neighbors in the cul-de-sac, and had a blast! At least I didn't have to shovel, slip and possibly break something, or fall on my a$$ in the driveway. Beginning to LOVE the utility of this thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts