Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my Ace 570 non SP in late summer of 2016.
It's a 2015 model and after doing some research here I found that my Ace had the old Hub struts on it.

I snatched as many pictures as I could from the forum and submitted them to my dealer with my concerns about the older casting versions.

I got a LOT of resistance as well as confusion and found it difficult to explain what I was talking about.
Without the pictures of the new and old designs I would have not been able to get this done.

Polaris kept telling my dealer that there was no new design and since the new and old design use the same part numbers I can see why my dealer was confused.
However the dealer could see in the side by side pictures that there was a difference.

I was able to finally find that the difference was the casting number, and the new versions had a casting number 15, (mine were 14 even though it was a 2015 model).

My dealer said all they could do was order the parts and see what they sent, and after doing this their hands were tied.
I asked if they could instruct Polaris to unbox a set at the warehouse and check the casting number and they said that Polaris wouldn't do that.

However Polaris agreed to replace my hub struts.

I asked my dealer if they could at least pull the struts out of the box and send me a photo before I made the 120 mile trip to drop off my Ace.
Yesterday they sent me this picture and I was extremely happy to see that the ones that came in were in fact the 15 casting.

Polaris supplied the parts and is paying the dealer for removing the old and replacing with the new parts.
I am happy overall that Polaris took care of this, even though it took 6 months.

I wish there was less confusion between Polaris and the dealer and using the same part number for the new and old parts does not help in this matter.

Thank you so much, everyone, that has posted pictures and their stories that brought my attention to this issue and helped me to get this taken care of.
This sort of thing is why I am a supporter of this forum, and would encourage anyone who has gained a benefit like this from the forum to consider becoming a supporter.

I would be happy to answer any questions of the details of how I got this done with anyone interested in PM.

Attachments

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice dude .... glad Polaris finally did the right thing and stood behind their products, I had the same conversation with my dealer and even showed them the pictures but they did not seem to care...nice

Can I PM you for any info like a warranty claim # so I can tell my dealer that Polaris will take care of the strut problem

Again great news Billy .... glad you got some where with it

Reactions: BillyBlaze

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bet, I will make sure and ask for the claim number when I go to get the new ones installed.
I hope that you get the same result.

I believe the only reason they did this for me was my correspondences and the fact that I was still under warranty.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got em installed and didn't cost me a dime :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I ask why you had them replaced?

are they prone to failing?

I had a right one fail and don’t understand why the right one costs $100 more than the left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts