Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well they delivered my ace today, of course lots of snow on the ground but had to ride anyway. I hope someone out there can answer a question for me. seems like the engine revs pretty high and don't go very fast,mph. what is the red line on this 32 hp motor? ive looked in the book and on the net but cant find any info on red line. so for break in should I keep it under what speed or rpm. I don't break anything in with the drive it like you stole it thing so be nice here. thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same issue,,,,, snow, new machines,, and they do seem to rev high. I took one for a ride, but had it in 4x4 the whole time,, did not know it,, and it reved very high,, like 7800... so I slowed down. I have heard that you should try to stay in Low... as it saves the belt.. but I do not know much about it yet. I have only put on about 10 miles max on one and 3 on the other. I think they just rev high. So, interested to see what these folks say that have the experience. I live in SFalls SD,,, up to 40 here this weekend, but I will not be home... :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
they do rev high and thats ok...needs to be up there to be in the best power band.
most people say for break in you want to vary the RPM...don't run it wide open for extended time during break in. I would also say you don't want to lug it on the low end.
high/low gear really depends how you are loading the motor and clutch. its really a feel thing...if you feel like its working too hard in high, switch to low.
make sure the front alignment is correct and grease it...you will be happy you did.

Get past that first oil change at 20 hours...then drive it like you stole it :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got an Ace 2 weeks ago. It stays around the 5000 to 5500 rpm range, unless you are really moving.
I thought something was wrong at first also, but figured it was under warranty.
When I asked the shop, they said it was normal.
I bought the green 32 hp Ace for getting around in the woods. It has been a great little vessel so far.
My wife likes it cause she can drive it. It's about as easy to drive as any car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I feel like mine runs a lot better once the belt warms up. Takes about 15/20min or so in cold temps. The high rpms used to kinda bug me but now I just jump in and do exactly what 70cyclone said. Drive it like I stole it. i don't even worry about the rpms anymore, I've limited it out plenty now. I do however watch the temp gauge. I hear overheating is pretty bad. When you turn it off keep the key on and the fan will run if it gets warm. I think it kicks on at 204. I've actually had my fan kick on when the outside temp was about 20.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wonder if Polaris started doing something like Arctic Cat does with their z1 sled motors. It is "detuned" until it is warmed up completely. Then the computer allows for full timing advance and fuel delivery. This prevents people from running it too hard before it is warm. There is lots of talk about this in the z1 forums. I don't know if they do or not and I don't have enough time on mine yet to see a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts