Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 196 View attachment 197 View attachment 198

Picked my wife's Ace up 2 weeks ago and she loves it. Just ordered a set of STI HD4 rims for it and the bumpers and hard top. Got a winch for it but waiting to find a mount for it plus the plastic bumper side pieces that goes on the front when the winch is installed. The power is perfect for her and she feels so safe in it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of doing the same thing in a bit....did you ever check on what temperature yours gets up too when riding it? When we got ours they forgot to turn the cap on the radiator all the way on and ours blew the coolant all over it. Took it back to dealer and they had a problem getting it to flow thru the motor because of air in the system. They finally got it to flow again but we took it out this weekend and when riding it is about 180 degrees and idling it got to 205 degrees and then the fan finally came on. I'm not sure if that is normal to get that hot or if there is something still wrong with it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, that is an older hd go pro. It was dark and snowing pretty hard. I just strapped it to the lower left roll cage.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one of the gopro hero's also and I think they take good enough video....can't see spending another $400 on a gopro3. To many options to buy for the Ace!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing in a bit....did you ever check on what temperature yours gets up too when riding it? When we got ours they forgot to turn the cap on the radiator all the way on and ours blew the coolant all over it. Took it back to dealer and they had a problem getting it to flow thru the motor because of air in the system. They finally got it to flow again but we took it out this weekend and when riding it is about 180 degrees and idling it got to 205 degrees and then the fan finally came on. I'm not sure if that is normal to get that hot or if there is something still wrong with it.
I noticed the fan kick on after riding around a while, and it was 204 degrees, so it must be the norm.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just loved seeing your bride smiling while she was driving her new Ace…same thing my wife does…That smile makes it all worth it.. Blast Factor is all I can say… Congratulations..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the bumpers with mine, wanted a bit more protection for the trail's I ride,, went to Homo depo and bought a piece of expanded metal 1/2x24x12 I think( it was like $9.97 for the piece, in cardboard ). Laid it on the back of the front bumper cut it to fit, primed and painted it satin black to match the bumper and used self tapping screw's to hold it into place, I pre drilled the hole's just a bit smaller than the screw for ease of starting the secew's. View attachment 227 View attachment 228 Not only will it protect the radiator better it look's great. I used 1 piece for the rear tail lights, 1 piece for the front center, what you see in the pics, and 1 more piece the I am going to try in front of the headlight's but I don't want to block too much light. Even though I am going to mount a set of led light's on the mount's on the front bumper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts