Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Facebook and someone posted that Polaris was running a big sale on their gray suspension seats and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make them fit in the ace. They are listed at $175 each but my dealer told me they are only sold in pairs but he could do $300 plus tax. If I find out for sure they'll work I'll probably go ahead and order them and try to sell the other one. Anyone want to go halfs with me?

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you can make it fit I would take the other one. I've been wanting to change mine but to tight to pay the big bucks they want. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You can buy them separately online for that price plus tax and shipping. Mine came to 208.00.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can buy them separately online for that price plus tax and shipping. Mine came to 208.00.
What did it take to make it fit?

Lonnie, where are u located? I'm in NE Oklahoma

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not sure yet. Just ordered yesterday day. Should be a simple job. Famous last words.... . .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not positive but I believe the Razr bracket and Ace bracket are not the same and you would have to customize or fab something to get it to match up. BDK - If you do get this to work then I will gladly sit at #2 in line for the other seat if Lonnie changes his mind.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sounds good, as soon as gmck154x4 reports back I'll place my order. I'm sure it can be made to work, but I'd like to know what it takes

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Not positive but I believe the Razr bracket and Ace bracket are not the same and you would have to customize or fab something to get it to match up. BDK - If you do get this to work then I will gladly sit at #2 in line for the other seat if Lonnie changes his mind.
The RZR and ACE seats are pretty much the same, but how they mount to the vehicle is very different.
It is probably not a big deal to remove the runners from the ACE seat and bolt them onto a RZR seat.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.aceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207

This thread describes how to do it but no pics. If someone doesn't beat me to it (hopefully they will) I will try to do a detailed write up on it. This should not be difficult and I think it will be a popular mod when more information becomes available.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Utvgiant suspension seat in Ace

This thread describes how to do it but no pics. If someone doesn't beat me to it (hopefully they will) I will try to do a detailed write up on it. This should not be difficult and I think it will be a popular mod when more information becomes available.
Please do write up with pictures. I'm on board with this too. The stock seat isn't terrible but...well it's not great either.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just bought another one at Fixmytoys.com. $199.00 with shipping using the rzr forum discount code. If I can't make em work in my Aces, they'll go in the RZR.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just installed 175 dollar seat in my ACE. Super easy. Took about an hour. Just used rails from ACE seat and bolted to new seat. Cut about two inches off front of rail took rat tail file and sloted bottom hole in rail used bolts from new seat to fasten modded rail to new seat. slid right into rails on ACE.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Good to know. Mine should be here next week

·
Registered
552 Posts
Can you tell me this code please? Thanks!

Just bought another one at Fixmytoys.com. $199.00 with shipping using the rzr forum discount code. If I can't make em work in my Aces, they'll go in the RZR.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Use this: rzrforum

·
Registered
421 Posts
2879989. That should be the one

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just installed 175 dollar seat in my ACE. Super easy. Took about an hour. Just used rails from ACE seat and bolted to new seat. Cut about two inches off front of rail took rat tail file and sloted bottom hole in rail used bolts from new seat to fasten modded rail to new seat. slid right into rails on ACE.
So do you like the new seat? Do you think it will help add some cushion to the ride? Is it worth the $$? Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts