Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my hand control setup. I had a set of Gresham driving aids I used for the gas & brake. I disconnected the adjustable tilt steering & put a piece of angle iron in its place. This system works good for me. Putting this out there if anybody needs ideas how others installed hand controls.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Here is my hand control setup. I had a set of Gresham driving aids I used for the gas & brake. I disconnected the adjustable tilt steering & put a piece of angle iron in its place. This system works good for me. Putting this out there if anybody needs ideas how others installed hand controls.
Great job and thanks for posting this. Maybe another handicapped individual that has been wanting to become an atv enthusiast will see this and see it can be done, and actually join our off road family. I sure hope that happens because of your contribution, because we welcome ALL riders into our sport

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nicely Done. I am sure you are already use to these controls, but am interested to know how you do it. Specially on technical terrain. I am a right foot amputee, i had to add a 2 inch block to raise the pedal level since i don't have an articulating foot. Works great but when i have to drive lori's ace through something i have to really aim high on the pedal bar.
Koodo's to you. Would like to see a video of your skills.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your hand control setup on your ACE. My husband wants to buy me one of these so we can go quading together but we were unsure if we could hook up hand controls to it. I sat in one today at the dealer and it was remarkably easy to transfer into and I felt quite secure in the seat. Thanks to your post we will be purchasing one in the near future and I can regain a freedom I thought was lost forever.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
It will get even easier to get in and out of one if you remove the side bar (couple of bolts).
A set of doors will keep the mud out, as well as helping you feel more secure in there with the side bars out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for the info. Can you show closer picture of the mount setup? I have several sets of car handcontrols and am curious about mounting them. I haven't purchased one yet but am curious if I can set it up.

Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts