Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had good luck with a heat barrier on other SxS so added one for the ACE to block heat and steam coming up thru under seat openings. Screwed at top, then lays down under the seat slide rails. Heavy rubber or foil backed auto sound deadening insulation works. Fun day in the muddy woods.
. 2DAD8606-C363-4987-B401-09CE5195C4D8.jpeg 3B23A065-4D1C-4F51-B1CB-E4892267A7E8.jpeg

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't noticed too much heat coming in from the motor,... as I have with heat coming in thru the steering column when the radiator fan kicks on. That is gonna drive me insane come summertime with heat blowing directly on my feet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a seal kit from Polaris for my ranger. You remove the plastic panels then add foam pieces in places were the air needs to be blocked. The replace the panels. Im sure something similar could be made to work or make your own pieces from foam to fit. I've seen expanding spray foam used too to block the air in places.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have heavy roofing rubber on another machine, its best but expensive, and take it out for winter. Just trying this surplus heavy vinyl, $10. It I can tell a any difference on the ACE, may upgrade.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Worked good on ride today, less heat and seat from under seat in the cab. Barrier was warm, but guessing air gap between hard plastic and barrier helped. Easy to undo seat slide bolts if I ever need to get to the battery. 36x36 then trim on sides for looks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the update Mudder. I've got some of the "silver on both sides----bubble wrap inbetween" stuff I'm going to try. Also plan on plugging gaps and holes. The tough one is going to be the shifter slot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the update Mudder. I've got some of the "silver on both sides----bubble wrap inbetween" stuff I'm going to try. Also plan on plugging gaps and holes. The tough one is going to be the shifter slot.
That should help minimize the heat with that extra air space, 3 long rides and heavy vinyl holding up well. Main concern of the underseat area has helped. Likely to take lower doors off for hot southern summer. 60 mill roofing rubber seems to be the best as it doesn’t hold moisture like fabric stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts