Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone addressed the problem of heat coming around the steering shaft.
If so how as I live in northern AZ and it still gets in the upper 90's to 100 here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated before I roast like a turkey

·
Registered
525 Posts
Black duct tape. I taped mine up yesterday as much as I could so I will see how that is going to do. There are some seams that gap open too but I think the steering shaft hole is the main culprit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've noticed the warmth too while cruising. And can only imagine how much hotter it will be in 95 degree weather. So is the quick answer to just cover the steering shaft hole?

·
Registered
525 Posts
It helps a lot and it is quick and easy. Then if you need more you could always do the insulation and seal up all the other cracks and holes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
when we were riding this spring in warm/hot AZ, yes there was a lot of heat out of the front area.
If windshield was in, it was almost unbearable.
With windshield out it was OK.
So I sewed a large towel into a bag with Velcro closure.
If I start out in cool weather I start with windshield in and then can take it out, put it in the bag and attach it to the rear box area
Works great, the great discussion, front windshield or not when riding.
I have the option always with me.
Some people say it is too dusty without it, I also have a dust mask in the storage box.
If people say they are getting hit with debris, stones etc, then you are following too close.
E. Sven

1 - 6 of 6 Posts