Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up everyone, i bought a ace about a month ago, and have been blowing money on it ever since lol they are a blast to ride! i am looking to upgrade my ace as much as i can over the next couple years and also looking for more people to ride with in georgia! :yahoo:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the asylum. They are a blast to ride, and for most of us a money pit as well because we just keep adding the farkles.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Money Pit... heheeh, the Black Hole of Green backs... Seems like in the end, the buggy was the cheapest part of the whole rig..

You mentioned upgrade from what to what? as Oldsman asked? or from an ACE to a XP1k?.. talk about a "Money Pit".. so many toys, so little time eh??

fun..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha very true! i have the 330. it was the last 2014 they had and it already had a wheels/tire package, front and read wind shields, front and rear bumber, and roof. so far i have added 2" wheel spacers, front a-arms that are curved for better clearance and bring the front wheels forward 2", fender flares, PRP doors, light bar going on tonight, and just put a uni air filter and hmf full exhaust xl with the hmf optimizer today. Ivebought pretty much all my stuff from sidebysidestuff, so far everything ive gotten from them has been great, and fast free shipping! i also noticed testing the new pipe its got a good bit of white smoke after a hard WoT pull so im really hoping its just the exhaust breaking in and not a engine launch lol ive been paranoid about that engine since ive seen so many on here with roasted bearings and all!

now i cant figure out how to get the pics right lol

ace3.JPG ace 4.JPG ace 1.JPG ace 2.JPG

·
Registered
344 Posts
Heheh, pics, yah, but they show correctly when enlarged... it's a phone thing I think, I've had that happen too..

Nice looking buggy... like the set up, but I'm guessing over 50", otherwise it looks good..

Curious, the Blue baggy? I've heard of "Dream Catchers" but is that a 'Water Catcher'? heheh.. or just a jacket thrown on the hood...

nice shoes too... fun..
What no winch?? KAAAaaa-Chinnk $$$$...
there's always something else right??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That blue bag is actually a giant tarp on the burnt down building across the street lol i almost ordered a wench the other day but im not a fan of mud now after spending more time cleaning the mud off of it than riding it so my goal is to never need one! On top of that the air box with the filter in is doesnt seal well at all so no deep mudding here! It is a good bit past 50", 60" in the rear and 56" in the front, im looking for thw most stability as possible, really hoping aomeone will come out with a better suspension/a-arm set up before too long

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep, Mudddddd......

Fun to play in, well some think so anyways, but all agree it's a PITA to get off...
but?? actually. those soaps and after finish products are amazing... dried mudd pretty much slides right off with a hose & Nozzle...

I just tried toget into the habit of stopping on the way back to those Self wash things and get the major krud off while on the trailer. Take it off if you want better... Most people have their yard to clean it up with the pressure washers, but a good hose will work, or it did for me..

Key is to get that "Finishing' cover on it as it makes the surface less sticky...

31AEvYnH1vL.jpg

Slick wash and rinse, but there are plenty of others like it. It really helps and does make it shine... almost new..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks good. In the pic from the rear it looks like you just about have a trailer full. Too bad you're not going to get it dirty tho, they are a lot more fun riding around the trails and woods, than riding around in your pick-up pulling it around in the trailer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you get the ace so wide, spacer and offset tires?
Yep, all i have added is the spacers for width, the rest is the wheels

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok ill give that a shot! Not sure what kind of mud ya have but its red clay here, such a pain lol i just upgraded my pressure washer so that helped a good bit and i sprayed most of it with wd40 to help it slip off but its been so rainy here lately ther is no avoiding it being packed into everything lol

Thanks, and i dont mean im not going in any mud but ill def put more effort into avoiding the mud holes lol yea i got lucky with the trailer, i have about a half an inch clearance on each side in the rear!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts