Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say Hello to all my fellow riders. I am from Northern Wi and live to ride and ride to live! I just started trail riding last year on a 2013 Sportsman 400 (which I traded a month ago for my Ace) and logged over 3000 miles during the riding season. I am not new to atvs and have been around them pretty much forever and even worked as a service manager at a Polaris dealer years ago. Long story short there was a change in ownership at the dealer and all of us long standing employees left because the new owner wanted to get rid of us all and start with a new batch of employees. Anywho since I live in an anti atv county I trailer my atv about a 1/2 hour away every weekend and play in parts of WI and MI whom welcome atving. Spending my hard earned dollars in atv friendly areas. I can't wait till the salt is off the roads and I can get back out playing on my new Ace. Damn this thing is too much fun! Thank you to everyone on all of the very helpful information and fun stories here on this forum! Happy riding!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope different dealer just that the old owner was selling the business and the new owner whom purchased the business had a new fresh dump everyone and start over attitude.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome bandit,

Northern Wisconsin / Michigan = the ideal systems for the Ace. You must be pretty far north if your hitting the michigan trails too. I'm way down in central Michigan area (near Flint) and have a minimum 1.5 hours of travel for the "real" trails, but once up there , zillions of miles and choices. I only get to the upper peninsula once or twice a year.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome bandit,

Northern Wisconsin / Michigan = the ideal systems for the Ace. You must be pretty far north if your hitting the michigan trails too. I'm way down in central Michigan area (near Flint) and have a minimum 1.5 hours of travel for the "real" trails, but once up there , zillions of miles and choices. I only get to the upper peninsula once or twice a year.
I couldn't agree with you more as far as the Ace being a perfect match for the trails I ride (Florence, Dunbar, Iron River, and Amasa areas). I stick to trails more than anything and these particular ones have a lot of corners plus are not always hit everyday so downed trees can be an issue (I carry a chainsaw which has come in handy more than one could imagine) and what not so you can't just haul ass all the time. My 2013 Sportsman had more than enough power for the trails but since I ride from sun up till midnight or later every day of the weekend the Ace caught my eye. More comfy ride, efi, and storage were the key for me! My average speed is about 35 mph on these trails and the Ace still has plenty of speed beyond that so it makes me happy. Plus fuel mileage is key for me not that I care as far as it being super efficient like a car or anything and I always carry extra fuel but where I ride fuel stations are a matter of timing because they are few and far between. My hubby has a 2013 Ranger mid-size 800 and last year he could go about 250 miles before he was low on fuel where as my 400 was around 85 miles. This is where the Ace will definitely be kicking some Ace over my 400 I think. Thank you all for everything here on the forum and welcoming me in!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have family in Dunbar. I ride there all the time. Great place to spend a weekend and ride. I like that you can ride year round. The only downside for me is that it is 6 hours from Minneapolis!! Have fun with your new Ace. I will be up riding the trails in Dunbar this summer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have family in Dunbar. I ride there all the time. Great place to spend a weekend and ride. I like that you can ride year round. The only downside for me is that it is 6 hours from Minneapolis!! Have fun with your new Ace. I will be up riding the trails in Dunbar this summer.
Great area there plenty of trails and area to cover pretty much endless. Another bonus is the area residents are so friendly towards us atver's unlike where I live. If it weren't for the road salt I would be going there year round riding but I try to keep all my toys in tip top shape with no rust. I guess a month isn't so bad yet to wait maybe less if the weather forecast stays warm (crossing my fingers). Since you are familiar with the area you know the Ace is gonna be a riot on those trails! Ugh can't wait!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts