Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I now live in Ceresco, Nebraska, about 12 miles north of the State Capital Lincoln. Transplanted NY'r as had to move for job, now retired, and married to a Nebraska farm girl. 72 years young, physically active, just did my last true Motocross race in September 19,(raced from 1969-2019) had to quit to please momma, now have a slightly used 17 ACE570, got it with only 12 hours on motor.

I have a nice MX practice track in back field. https://www.google.com/maps/@41.074085,-96.6914619,346m/data=!3m1!1e3 built it for grand kids to learn how to MX, now for me to learn how to run the ACE.
I also work with the University of Nebraska Engineering CART team, as they must build a 'new' off road CART and compete with other Universities across county. They use the track as test site, and my 'advice' on engine, fuel, suspension.

Loving this ACE, plenty of low maintenance roads in area, as well as the track, planning on scramble, endurance 'racing' next year. Working on bucket list. Did last parachute jump las March, (23 years Airborne Infantry US Army), couple of trips planned to old military haunts, Germany, Alaska, Ft Benning (Infantry Museum) etc, I will not quit, one ticket for this ride called life, enjoying it till the last second.

Hope to see locals at Iowa races next year, come and say hi Red Ford Expidition, black trailer, handicap NE plates...………..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome.

Man, that's out in the middle of a big nothing. That said I have to drive at least 4 hours to get to good trails here in Michigan.

Have fun with the 570.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I seem to have to drive as well to find a good trail in Michigan.
The trail that is close enough to my house is an old Railroad grade.
So it is pretty much a straight shot and gets super boring.

I'd rather a twisty grass covered trail with a few mud holes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts