Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if this post is going to work... my last one never showed up.

hello all, I live in Oso, WA and in the process of looking for a quad I discovered this strange vehicle called an Ace. now ive pretty much scrapped my plan to buy a quad and have fixated on the Ace.

my current choices are:

1. buy a new 2016 900 SP for $9000
2. order a 2018 570 EPS for $9000

im heavily leaning towards ordering the 570 since I feel it will be a more versatile machine for my needs. I like the increased gas mileage and general fuel range of the 570 but the power of the 900 is quite tempting especially at the price.

thanks for the advice!
-Matt

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2015 570sp that I bought brand new this past summer. I got it for thousands under the cost of a 2017 model or I would have gone that route. I was having the same dilemma as I am tall and weigh around 210 lbs. I couldn't pass up the price though. The 570 has been awesome. There has been no time that I felt under powered. I even up sized to 26 inch tires I ride at variety of terrain from loose sand to mud and have been completely satisfied. I don't think you can go wrong with either. These things are fun!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The power of 900 with 60 hp is the same power with the »Rzr 900cc with 75 hp

the difference is the weight only

Imagine 900 is too much funny............

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The power of 900 with 60 hp is the same power with the »Rzr 900cc with 75 hp

the difference is the weight only

Imagine 900 is too much funny............

This is a BS quote. The Ace 900 isn't even the same engine as the RZR 900. Do some research before putting your foot in your mouth.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is a BS quote. The Ace 900 isn't even the same engine as the RZR 900. Do some research before putting your foot in your mouth.

Many say that yes even just 15 hp motor, just a flash question ecm

Both are................Engine Type
ProStar 900 4-Stroke DOHC

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is a BS quote. The Ace 900 isn't even the same engine as the RZR 900.Do some research before putting your foot in your mouth.
Polaris has cornered the single-seat UTV class, mainly because they are the only big-name manufacturer producing one. When we took a seat in the Ace 900 SP and turned the key, we couldn’t help but smile. The deep, throaty tone of the Polaris’ exhaust and vibrations from the motor told us that we were about to have a lot of fun. The 900 carries a liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-stroke engine in its frame. Basically, it holds the same twin-cylinder engine that the RZR 900 S and Ranger XP 900 utilize. The RZR 900 S puts out 75 horsepower, which you will only get out of the Ace’s powerplant by changing engine internals, ECU mapping, throttle body and clutch components. The fact is, you don’t need any more power than what the SP already puts out. If you step on the gas pedal hard enough from a standstill, the front wheels will come off the ground.

https://dirtwheelsmag.com/home-page/utv-test-polaris-ace-900-sp/

·
Registered
52 Posts
For those of you who have a 2015 Ace be prepared to replace the front strut hub with the ones that go on the 2016 Ace 900. Yours will break and if you are a long ways from home it is a real ***** to get it out of the woods. I got lucky and managed to drive mine out even with the left front wheel taking paint off the spring. It was only $567 for both the new strut hubs and they are heaver duty.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
For those of you who have a 2015 Ace be prepared to replace the front strut hub with the ones that go on the 2016 Ace 900. Yours will break and if you are a long ways from home it is a real ***** to get it out of the woods. I got lucky and managed to drive mine out even with the left front wheel taking paint off the spring. It was only $567 for both the new strut hubs and they are heaver duty.
Some 2015 570 aces already have the up-dated struts. Mine does and there are a few threads on this forum about this and how to identify if you have them already.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My 570 keeps up with the 900’s on the trails no problem. Also check out this video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts