Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just joined although the wife joined a bit ago - tmkuroda. Retired from a steel mill and now live in Northern Michigan.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome. Where at in Northern Michigan? I vacation at Long Lake (Family Cabin).

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hello, just joined although the wife joined a bit ago - tmkuroda. Retired from a steel mill and now live in Northern Michigan.
Welcome Troutburn....which mill did you retire from. I worked in a steel mill many years ago in Weirton WVa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Troutburn....which mill did you retire from. I worked in a steel mill many years ago in Weirton WVa
Great Lakes wuz Great Lakes Steel when National wuz around now under Us Steel it's Great Lakes Works. Weirton wuz part of National for a long time, one of my old bosses is from just south of Weirton and a good friend (who just died a couple of years ago was from WV). I know a chemist at the Aluminium plant there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ha ha! Just saw this post.. I had no idea the Hubster joined our ranks:) He is my chief mechanic as well as being my best friend and Husband ....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Great Lakes wuz Great Lakes Steel when National wuz around now under Us Steel it's Great Lakes Works. Weirton wuz part of National for a long time, one of my old bosses is from just south of Weirton and a good friend (who just died a couple of years ago was from WV). I know a chemist at the Aluminium plant there.
You're right, when I worked at Weirton steel in the 70's it was part of national steel. Got laid off in 1975 and moved to Tennessee where I went to work for a Firestone Plant and then a Bridgestone Plant and retired from there as a tool and die maker in 2013, after 38 years Welcome and enjoy the forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts