Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered the Swamp series muffler for my 570 hoping for some more seat of the pants power without ridiculous noise. Install was very simple and the worst part was taking off the rear brushguard. I'm very pleased with the sound, it's not much louder than stock, a deeper tone is what I noticed. I've always thought the stock exhaust was a little on the loud side anyway. Power wise I've noticed it pulls a fair amount harder than it used to, it lifts a front tire from a standstill. Throttle response is better than it was. This is with a uni filter, PCV with Autotune, and an EPI clutch kit. The only downside was the price, it was worth it to me, but it's still a lot of money. I'm just putting this out there so people can hear what it sounds like before giving up their hard earned money.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Thanks for the demonstration!

Maybe another one in the middle of the yard so the sound is not bouncing off the walls? I bet it's actually a little quieter than it sounds in this video.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey marauder, are you still using your factory head pipe? As far as I have seen hmf just has a series of slip on mufflers, but no complete system that I have seen... Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, just wondering what you personally did if anything, obviously you had to weld a bung for the auto tune or buy a different head pipe with one already in it.... Also thanks for the post!! I have been looking at these a little but I'm interested in a complete exhaust system, not just a slip on muffler..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the factory head pipe that I welded an O2 bung into. Looking at the pipe I don't really see a lot of room for improvement, slightly larger size tube maybe? The problem for me is that the companies that offer full systems think everyone wants to be as loud as possible. Not judging others, but stupid loud isn't for me. The real bottle neck in the Ace exhaust is the Polaris muffler, when you hold it in your hands and really look at it you start shaking your head. I'm not sure how any exhaust makes it out of that thing at all, and yet it still manages to be fairly loud. My 2 cents

·
Registered
394 Posts
If it's too loud, there is a second muffler/sound suppressor that the Louisiana Game Wardens add to their 4-wheelers that doesn't cause any backpressure but drops the sound considerably.
I am thinking about getting one before hunting season because the stock Ace is so loud due to the high revving engine. They put them on Honda's, but these are made for most any ATV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts