Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
frontcoverremove.jpg coverboxfront.jpg
This is an actual clip, out of the owners manual!!!!!!!

In order to do this by the manual you will need to remove the front half of the vehicle. Really Polaris..?
and then it says:

1. Turn the box cover fasteners 1/4 turn.
2. Lift the rear edge of the box cover.
3. Using the pliers provided in the tool kit, remove the two (2) push darts from the access panel. Remove the panel.

Ok. So in order to check your fluids, what are we supposed to do? First they say to REMOVE the front cover, then another cover. How long will this take? Has any Ace owner ever done this? No Way!

or

You could do steps 1,2,3 above. Don't sneeze on the cover once its opened cuz you know the hinges will snap. Oh unless you have the updated model with the cable..oops that's not true because Polaris says the cable is not there to hold the cover open. OHH but your supposed to REMOVE the whole cover.. what the.*##

If you need a dealer to do the repair how much will that cost?

THATS IT TOMORROW I CALL THE FACTORY!
Stay tuned to this post.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. It is simple to check, hold the lid open and remove the 2 pushpins in the bottom, holding the cover over the radiator overflow tank. Very easy to check.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That takes about a minute. You open the front trunk, you don't really remove anything. Get the tool from Harbor Freight and the push darts are easy to remove, then lift off the panel.

Matt B

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. It is simple to check, hold the lid open and remove the 2 pushpins in the bottom, holding the cover over the radiator overflow tank. Very easy to check.
See my response below. Again , we are talking about the main storage box cover not the little cover over the radiator. The manual says you have to remove the main box cover. This is something I'm trying hard to show that Polaris is at fault for the hinges that snap off so easily on this cover.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
See my response below. Again , we are talking about the main storage box cover not the little cover over the radiator. The manual says you have to remove the main box cover. This is something I'm trying hard to show that Polaris is at fault for the hinges that snap off so easily on this cover.
We're all having a hard time figuring out what you're getting this excited about.
Sure, it sucks that the box cover hinges broke. Mine broke too.
It took a fair amount of stress for mine to break. Maybe yours broke easier than that, but we're talking about $60 here.

But whatever are you talking about when you say you have to take off the entire front half of the body to check the fluids?
That section of manual you posted clearly states that you have to take off the box cover and the access panel in the box.
That's not the entire front half of the bodywork. Now if we had to take the whole front cab off, then THAT would be a PITA.

Getting to those things in the ACE is a heck of a lot easier than any other machine I've worked with - RZR, Grizzly, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou.

But the bottom line is, it broke, Polaris won't fix it for free, and it's not a large-ticket item, so I don't think that qualifies for so many exclamation marks.

View attachment 1944
View attachment 1945

·
Registered
525 Posts
They work better if you slide the jaws to the wide position. And if you want to fine tune them you might grind a little metal of of the ends of the jaws so that they fit down around the plastic pull tabs a little easier.

They can be improved.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, just sayin. The pliers are always in the tool kit so I just use them. Only takes a minute to make them how I want them.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
More options is good. Maybe I'll dig out my pliers and take some before/after pics and see if I can make them work.
Even with the pliers I linked, half the time it yanks the core but leaves the outer rivet in the hole, and that's where the screwdriver-looking forked thingy come in super handy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts