Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sharing the design of these ramps I made because I really like how they turned out. This is my 2nd draft of this style and they help me load the ACE into the back of a truck either forwards or reverse. The process doesn't stress me out with these ramps. I do ratchet them to my trailer hitch just to be sure they stay put. First I made a rectangle from 14ga steel square tubing, then cut angle to fit and added tabs, next I bent them backwards by adding weight in the middle while supporting the ends. When they were bent backward I welded a 1" (3/16" thick) strap to the frame. This created a suspension bridge concept that easily holds the weight of the ACE. They are 8' long but fit nicely under the ACE during travel. They are fairly heavy but can easily be moved one at a time. I have about $70 in metal total (If you had some scraps it could be a lot less). If you want more exact measurements let me know.
IMG_5172.jpg IMG_5173.jpg IMG_5174.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Slick set-up.

If you need to haul more than one I'm guessing you could load the truck through the trailer, then run another machine (or 2) on it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a set of by fold ramps that work fine. I had a tailgate cable break on me while I was loading an ATV. If I hadden't had the ramp tied down I would have had a real mess. I immediately bought a set of those tail gate supports and they have worked out great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts