Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rear factory crossbar is to high to really mount shoulder belts with a 5 point setup, you need the lock down bar from Dragonfire, it lowers the attachment point for the belts, but it only fits a 325 and 570 because the 900 has a taller engine and relocated air box, how ever it doesn't technically work on the 900 unless it flipped facing the rear, but....u can't remove engine cover easily, I did a slight mod to engine cover to make it work. The owner of dragonfire is a friend of mine,I told him it will work but you need to mod the cover, no word on when a 900 specific bar will be made

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yah, I have the 5-pt DragonFire... had to get a bar for the bottom belt under the front of seat.

back bar is "Theoretically" too high as noted for the shoulder straps to bring you down in the back. Apparently DF indicated they'll build a mod bar, but it was some 3 months away, sounded like it was more like "when we get to it..."

I still have them and will use them as there's enough back downward angle to keep me in, so not worried as they are. They are racing harnesses and need the fittings that they deserve, but it will still work for me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Rear factory crossbar is to high to really mount shoulder belts with a 5 point setup, you need the lock down bar from Dragonfire, it lowers the attachment point for the belts, but it only fits a 325 and 570 because the 900 has a taller engine and relocated air box, how ever it doesn't technically work on the 900 unless it flipped facing the rear, but....u can't remove engine cover easily, I did a slight mod to engine cover to make it work. The owner of dragonfire is a friend of mine,I told him it will work but you need to mod the cover, no word on when a 900 specific bar will be made
Any pics or info on exactly how you modded the engine cover? I have the DF belts ready to install. Because there isn't a bar for the 900 I was planning on just looping the shoulder belts around the ROPS cross bar like in the picture above. I sit tall in the seat and have the DesertCraft suspension seat brackets which boost the height a little more, so I am not too concerned with the belts inclination angle causing any issues. But can never be too careful I guess.

If all it takes is a little plastic trimming or something, that's simple enough. But if the 'mod' is more than just that it would be handy to know before purchasing the 570 bar.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts