Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have ideas on how to protect ace rear fenders on tight trails? On our 50 in trails trees are so tight on corners sometimes its impossible to squeeze between without hitting rear fenders. Need setup like sportsman has where you can buy the metal bars that protect the outside.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I agree, ripped my sticker off already. I'm gonna bring a saw and cut that crap down!!! Ha ha Have any good pics of the metal bars you're talking about?

·
Registered
420 Posts
problem is you can't add width...you will only rub more. I was thinking about getting some of that clear bug screen material that is so popular for new cars...would give a little more protection to the finish. But then again they are off road vehicles :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
if your riding on state forest ground you can get with your forest grounds person and let them know that they have tight areas, if its supposed to be a 50 inch trail. if your riding on a dirt bike trail that's a different width I think 42 inches in Michigan. if its commercial ground then get with the owner that what you pay them for.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
if your riding on state forest ground you can get with your forest grounds person and let them know that they have tight areas, if its supposed to be a 50 inch trail.
If people did that around here, the state would make new rules indicating that the ACE wheel base is too long for the trails, put up warning signs, and start writing tickets.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the state forest where I ride 2miles from my house is set up for 50 inch wide. at the trail head they have two 6x6 posts 50 inches apart so that's the width. on the trail itself you could easily get a jeep through. this time of year mostly snow mobiles but you find an atv rider in there once in a while. the other fellow is from Michigan and there trails up there are a little bit different than ours in ohio.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
if your riding on state forest ground you can get with your forest grounds person and let them know that they have tight areas, if its supposed to be a 50 inch trail. if your riding on a dirt bike trail that's a different width I think 42 inches in Michigan. if its commercial ground then get with the owner that what you pay them for.
I definitly don't ride dirt bike trails. My atv's that are just as wide and heavy go down them much easier, guess cause of the handlebars. My ace is completely stock. So its 48 in wide. Must just be difference between handlebars and the extra 3-4 inches in length..idk. Sucks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I definitly don't ride dirt bike trails. My atv's that are just as wide and heavy go down them much easier, guess cause of the handlebars. My ace is completely stock. So its 48 in wide. Must just be difference between handlebars and the extra 3-4 inches in length..idk. Sucks.
The wheel base on the 2014 ACE 325 is 61.5 in.
The wheel base on a Yamaha Grizzly is 49.2 in.
That's a huge difference for cornering in tight trails.

I've lost one of the covers for the pre-filters by rubbing a tree on an ATV trail.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yeah its biggest downfall.
That longer wheelbase may be a little trickier between the trees, but when it come to climbing, it will climb with just about anything you want to put up against it, especially atv's, so whats lost in tight areas is made up for in its climbing capabilities

1 - 13 of 13 Posts