Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Great forum . Checked out the Ace at the polaris dealer and I will be renting one in a few weeks to make sure before I make the commitment to purchase. I have checked out everything I could find on the internet and already want one pretty bad but just want a little seat time first. I have had both 3 and 4 wheelers but I think this baby would be great for my 55 year young bones. Any advice is welcome. Scoundrel your videos of the Paiute Trail are Amazing!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am 55 also, and our purchase of an Ace was a result of a late-night web search for a single-rider quad with a roll cage. I really like it. I feel a lot safer belted into a seat. I figure if things go bad, just hold on tight to the steering wheel, and all will be OK.

My wife rode it once, and we had to buy another.

It is clear in my mind that at our age if we really mess ourselves up, we might never recover fully. I have a friend in Georgia who had a bad bike accident a few years ago. He is our age. He is currently in critical care with pneumonia and blood clots in his lungs. He has actually outlived the estimates from the doctors that treated him after the accident. We used to bounce, now we just splat.

My initial report is that the Ace is great for desert terrain.

Matt B

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply matt. You are absolutely right about getting hurt at our age as we don't heal like we used to. I was thinking the same about the roll cage and seat belt in case something were to happen. Cant wait to try one out then the question will be the 32 or the 45 horse?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep, 55+13 yrs and still acting like a 20-something heheh.. but I would die on the ATVs so the ACE makes sense.

I have an XP1k that I really like but can't do the 50" trails and since single, this fits the bill... Sigh, now, where to store and travel with it.. Next year's list...

Just looks like fun...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My kids think I am an old fart butt act like a kid. My thought, You only go around once so freakin live it and don't take life so serious! When I get time I will tell you all a story about my honda big red 3 wheeler, They don't make them like that anymore.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had to jump in with all you not so old thrill seekers. I'm 71 and have had a bunch of 2 and four wheelers in my time. Now have a 2013 RZR 800LE fitted to the hilt and modified highly for trail riding on the Hartfield McCoy tails. And a new Ace 570 also loaded and just ordered a Commander V and Auto Tune for it. I can't find any performance exhaust systems yet, but will add when available. When you upgrade to heavy bigger tires and other stuff you need to get back the 6-7 HP they take.
You'all be careful out there and have as much fun as I do.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya Norman there's no replacement for displacement right if I get it I'll be putting big horns on or some other heavy tire as the stock Carlisle's suck.so leaning towards the 570.I will let y'all know after my test drive thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Tires... hmmmm... I'll be interested on what you see for the other tires as I wouldn't want to go over the 50" mark, the main reason I'd be getting one.

I noted Frank, "FJK" on the Rzrforums had some wide ones that looked good, but not sure they didn't put him over the 50" mark...
So curious what they say on the test drive...
Standing by :smile_popcorn:

Have fun, take some pics eh?? heheh...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm headed to Sand Mountain, Fallon, NV to try the Ace (325) there with Doonz paddle tires. I hope it works out well.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm headed to Sand Mountain, Fallon, NV to try the Ace (325) there with Doonz paddle tires. I hope it works out well.

Tell me more about these paddle tires please. What rims did you put them on, where did you get them, how much were they? Thanks! Might be interested in a pair for next year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just bought my first toy EVER, @ 56 Its. 2015 Ace I really like it so far, ive only put 20 miles on it though...

Deecee13

·
Registered
61 Posts
I purchased from Fullerton Sand Sports. Two rib knobby front 25.5 x 11 x 12 and 8 paddles (straight) 25.5 x 13 x 12 for rear. Wheels and tires are DWT. I was able to ride perimeter fence all the way around clockwise at Sand Mountain but was not able to go counter clockwise due to steepness of sand dunes in one spot. My next purchase will be the 570. I only used AWD twice as I barely made over two dunes even with a run at the slope. Next trip out will be Dumont Dunes. I expect that I will be able to get to the north and south poles with it sticking to flat sand. Note, the wheels used give the Ace a wide stance which I like. The paddles on the rear come out to about 58" The front tires seem to make it look like you are on top of the sand instead of swimming in sand..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts