Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There isn't a lot of information out there on clutch kit performance in the 570 Aces so I'll review mine. I installed the EPI trail series clutch kit on my 570 Ace. I've already installed a high flow intake and a power commander V with auto tune. Those additions alone were very noticeable, but the addition of the clutch kit was outstanding. The power is right where I wanted it, in the low and mid range with noticeable increase in throttle response. Trail riding experience was where the kit really showed its worth, it's hard to explain in words, but I was smiling a lot. It was fun having to remember to not mash the throttle going around a corner or starting from a stop because tire spin is now a real "problem". I would love to really open the machine up with exhaust upgrades but don't want to be the loud asshat that makes everybody roll their eyes. PS anybody that knows of a high flow exhaust that doesn't make your ears hurt let me know.
Install was very easy for me. Now I have made made a living as a mechanic for the last 15 years so take the easy part how you will. Install did require a bench press to take the load off the clutches. One spring on the primary clutch and one spring on the driven clutch, and three new weights and you're done. Took me an hour and a half to do and that included blowing on the kids' N64 games when they wanted some Mario Kart.
Well worth the money. Puts a stupid grin on your face. With the purchase of a form of clutch press anyone with mechanical talent can do it. Any questions just ask.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive been looking and researching the clutch kits as well. I may have to really look into it once were done for the season and I do my typicall winter "rebuilds".

As far as the exhaust - You wont find anything at this point where your not the asshat. All the mfr's seem to believe that the louder it is the more power it must make. I have heard of some people drilling out the baffle of the stock unit some to get more power without the full blown exhaust notes....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey marauder you can find people talking about their exhaust modifications in the performance section, but they don't talk about their air intake setups at all, where did you get yours and what is it? I am very curious if it's just an air filter or is an air box as well? Thanks for posting about the clutch, I have been very curious about them also, what elevation kit did you buy?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Marauder at what rpm does the ace start to move, without the epi clutch kit my ace starts to move at around 1700 rpm does the epi clutch kit lockup sooner and move the ace at a lower rpm?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems like none of the clutch kits will work with the ebs system on the SP's :sad5:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mistee, clutch lockup is at a little over 2000 rpm or so. Hasn't affected ease of low speed maneuvering around the yard or backing up trailer, just took some getting used to.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I was hoping for a lower RPM to get the ace to move, this is going in the wrong direction, thanks for the information
What you'll want for a lower RPM is to put heavier roller weights in the primary clutch and/or install a lighter secondary spring.
You don't need to buy a kit, you just need to figure out what parts you want and buy them separately. It's a lot cheaper that way.
You might want to talk to BuggyPartsNW.com. The sales/support guy there is very helpful.

·
Registered
394 Posts
These CVT's take some getting used to. When I put my foot on the pedal, I always expect it to go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Install was very easy for me. Now I have made made a living as a mechanic for the last 15 years so take the easy part how you will. Install did require a bench press to take the load off the clutches. One spring on the primary clutch and one spring on the driven clutch, and three new weights and you're done. Took me an hour and a half to do and that included blowing on the kids' N64 games when they wanted some Mario Kart.
Well worth the money. Puts a stupid grin on your face. With the purchase of a form of clutch press anyone with mechanical talent can do it. Any questions just ask.
Do you happen to remember which springs and weights that are in your kit? Im going to start doing some playing with my clutch springs and eventually weights. Maybe even mixing up some different brands of springs and weights.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The instructions don't seem to list the specific weights and springs that came in the kit and I don't remember anymore. Sorry to be no help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What clutch press do you have? Gonna bite the bullett and get the SLP press.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts