Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
What is involved with installing a clutch kit? Ours isn't the ebs model (wish it was/would be nice for hill decent) so all I thought we had to do was just screw the bolt into the clutch and it pops off. then swap out the spring and weights? Can someone explain or show some pics? Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
goggle epi clutches and it will bring you to their site their should be a video on how to change out their clutches if not go to youtub and type in epi clutch and it will show 570 clutch change out

·
Registered
11 Posts
A softer primary spring start rate will give you lower engagement RPM. Heavier weights will do it too, but will also affect peak RPM as well as the complete shift out range of the clutches. Secondary has nothing to do with engagement. There are several other companies out there that make kits for these machines too. Same setups from the sportsman 570 typically work as well in the Ace.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update time. I have removed the silver colored primary spring and replaced it with the almond colored spring to lower clutch engagement rpm. I found the higher clutch engagement to be undesirable for plowing snow and annoying for stop and go yard work. The almond spring is perfect for my needs, the vehicle starts moving almost as soon as the gas pedal is pressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update time. I have removed the silver colored primary spring and replaced it with the almond colored spring to lower clutch engagement rpm. I found the higher clutch engagement to be undesirable for plowing snow and annoying for stop and go yard work. The almond spring is perfect for my needs, the vehicle starts moving almost as soon as the gas pedal is pressed.
Hi @Marauder0378, qq do you recall where you purchase the almond colored spring by chance or a part # to reference?

Thanks!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts