Polaris ACE Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all nice rides on here i was wondering if any u guys out there have temp guage on the new 570 ace our 325 has it but my new 570 does not dealer says it does not come with it?
Jim, my 570 doesn't have either a temp gauge or a voltmeter

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Man! Different colored dash buttons, some that have temp/volts and some that do not? Let's have some consistency here, Polaris!
;)

Sometimes these things have a "diagnostic mode" that tells you more. Maybe they moved those readings into a diag mode?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
In this thread (http://www.aceforums.net/forum/44-ace-570/830-570-vs-325-why.html), it was brought up that some of the 570 models don't have a temperature reading. It seems that others do. It also seems that at least some of the 570 models don't have a voltage reading either.
There is some speculation that Polaris might be using "whatever instrument cluster they have laying around" on the production line.

According to the 2015 owner's manual, there is a diagnostic mode but it is only available when there is an active check engine warning.

"Diagnostic Display Mode
The EFI diagnostic display mode is for informational purposes only.
Please see your POLARIS dealer for all major repairs.
The diagnostic mode is accessible only when the check engine warning
indicator activates after the key has been turned on. Leave the key on if
you want to view the active code (failure code).
The diagnostic mode becomes inaccessible if the key is turned off and
on and the warning indicator is no longer active. This allows the
determination of persistent as well as intermittent faults.
Inactive codes are stored in the history of the unit."

But this must be taken with a grain of salt, because this same manual says the following:

Instrument Cluster
Rider Information Center

Clock Mode
Tip: The clock must be reset any time the battery has been disconnected or
discharged.
1. Turn the key to the ON position. Use the MODE button to toggle to
the odometer display.
2. Press and hold the MODE button until the hour segment flashes.
Release the button.
3. With the segment flashing, tap the MODE button to advance to the
desired setting.
4. Press and hold the MODE button until the next segment flashes.
Release the button.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 twice to set the 10-minute and 1-minute segments.
After completing the 1-minute segment, step 4 will save the new
settings and exit the clock mode.
6. Turn the key to the OFF position.

Odometer Mode
The odometer records and displays the distance traveled by the vehicle.

Trip Meter Mode
The trip meter records the distance traveled by the vehicle if reset before
each trip. To reset, select the trip meter mode. Press and hold the MODE
button until the meter resets to zero. In the Rider Information Center, the
trip meter display contains a decimal point, but the odometer displays
without a decimal point.

Hour Meter Mode
This mode logs the total hours the engine has been in operation.

Engine Temperature Mode
This mode displays current temperature of the coolant.

Tachometer Mode
The engine RPM is displayed digitally.
Tip: Small fluctuations in the RPM from day to day may be normal because of
changes in humidity, temperature and elevation.

Therefore we must take into consideration that the manual might be lying (or rather, not covering the undocumented differences between the models).

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're sure about that? Pressing the yellow button repeatedly cycles through a bunch of options but not those ones?
Yep...I'm sure I have cycled through many times looking for it. Mine also has a black button

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's really weird, I guess the next step would be to verify if part numbers are different on a gauge that has temp/volt, vs one that doesn't. Maybe just a few early 570's got the 330 gauge and they changed once a dedicated 570 gauge arrived from suppliers?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I talked to my dealer again and this is what they figured out the 325 and 570 ace used this CLUSTER on models BUILT 9/25/14 AND BEFORE] so the first few 570 had them part # 3280606
and after they switched to this CLUSTER [BUILT 9/26/14 AND AFTER]
3280623 so it depends on build date and you can order both and they are the same price ,but there not shire if it has the same wiring? There going to dig somemore

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I talked to my dealer again and this is what they figured out the 325 and 570 ace used this CLUSTER on models BUILT 9/25/14 AND BEFORE] so the first few 570 had them part # 3280606
and after they switched to this CLUSTER [BUILT 9/26/14 AND AFTER]
3280623 so it depends on build date and you can order both and they are the same price ,but there not shire if it has the same wiring? There going to dig somemore
Good information, because as Scoundrel pointed out,,,,.my owners manual also talks about a temp gauge....but it aint there. I will be asking my dealer why something that's listed in the owners manual isn't on the vehicle

Jim....did they mention why they changed instrument clusters?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm getting mine today and will let everyone know what mine has. I hope mine has the temp. display, but from the sounds of it there won't be one.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm getting mine today and will let everyone know what mine has. I hope mine has the temp. display, but from the sounds of it there won't be one.
Shawn....with your ACE being the top pf the line....I would bet it has one or at least I would hope it does

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just contacted my dealer and told him I didn't have a temp gauge,and he walked out to a 570 ACE in the showroom and conformed that it should be on the machine. The new one in the showroom had a temp gauge. I will be taking mine into the dealer next week to confirm whether I have a sensor problem or no temp gauge at all. If it comes down to not having a temp gauge......the warranty guy I talked to said he would get me a new cluster with the proper gauges in it. IF it says its supposed to be there in the owners manual.....its supposed to be there on the vehicle, and my dealer is going to make it right. I will let everyone know how this turns out.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
1. You don't get what you don't ask for.
2. Depends on the relationship with the dealer and how customer service oriented they are.
3. Dealers get paid for warranty stuff. Sometimes a little too much. I've heard stories of users contacting Polaris about warranty issues and finding out that their "warranty cap" has been exceeded because a bunch of warranty claims were submitted using their VIN, when the user did not initiate them.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.