Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I live in the mountains of Andalucia in Southern Spain.
My ACE arrives next week, I will take delivery after the highway registration has been completed. I traded in my Suzuki Twin Peaks 700.

In spain ATV's and UTV's are road legal and can be registered as such if they are fitted with, rear view mirrors, indicator, hazard lights and a horn. All except US are factory fitted, US models retrofitted.

ATV are registered as E (especial). Tractors, road sweepers, JCB's etc.
UTV's as bikes or cars.
However there is a move afloat to bring in more regs for E's (including ATV's), cannot only drive short distance on public highway, eg field to field

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi All
Took delivery of my Euro ACE last week. I had it registered for public highway use, this required extra fittings.
These include:- Wing Mirrors - Turn indicator lights, horn, dipping headlights, additional small light in head light (stays on), these are controlled by a stalk on the steering column - Hazard Lights - Number plate holder and light - Hand brake. Without these it cannot have the magic Euro number with allows it to be registered for road use.
In addition it has AWD - 2WD - Turf : Half windscreen : Canvas Top : Box for the back : Trail Bag.
At the moment it has completed 9 hours on the road, so some to go before the first oil and filter change. Keeping the speed / rpm down at the moment.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Peter, if you have any way to post photo of all your accessories, that would be really helpful. I am particularly interested in the controls on the steering column. It would be helpful if you could give sources for these controls. Congratulation on the Ace and getting it configured to your specifications. If you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine, you will be smiling a lot. Because of an accident, I cannot drive mine for three months. That will be torture.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would love to have 'turf mode'. I can (in theory) put in in my scrambler without too much work since it is on the XP chassis.
With the longer wheelbase on the Ace it would be really nice to have.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Two switches, one that enabled a diff lock for each front and rear, would be awesome.
Maybe that will happen someday. Not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't mind the front being locked as you point those tires in the direction you wish to go so they don't bind/skid like the rear but full control over each wheel would be nice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't bought one but sure would love to. I just got a new xp900 browning edition. Is there really any difference between the 570 and the 325. I have heard some say its not enough to pay the extra. Someone pls tell me.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
If I had not purchased the 325 already, I'd pay an extra grand for the 570.
But it's not worth selling my 325 used and buying a new 570... ...yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts