Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I visited Jones Creek ORV area on Saturday. Most of it is ATV trails, about 30 miles worth, plus about 3 miles of 4x4 trails.
The 4x4 trails are easy, not much to recommend them.
The ATV trails are great! They're groomed, fairly smooth, but still fun with steep hills, sharp corners, lots of bumps, the occasional rock, root and stump to avoid.
The ACE fits on these trails, but just barely. Concentration is required.
There are some bridges, which appear to be about 54-58 inches wide. I didn't have a tape measure on me but my ace is 50" and I fit easily with some room to spare.
Some of the bridges have high guard rails so if you're too wide, you can't fudge it.
I only saw about half of the ATV trails. Our main objective was to map out the service roads and 4x4 trails for my UTV Guidebook in progress. We hit the ATV trails for fun afterward.

I'd say it's a great place to take an ACE (or a Scrambler, 70Cyclone) if you don't mind going slower and having to maintain constant vigilance.
Here is some video of the ATV trails. I think this is pretty representative of the entire park:

...and some pics:

View attachment 3738 View attachment 3736 View attachment 3737

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jones, Jordan and Browns camp are my honeyholes. I have some pretty detailed maps of Brown's camp that I've gotten with the MotionX app. I'd be happy to export them to you and grow the database. :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is Jordan?
The guide book is starting with Western Washington State.
After Western Washington, I'll do all of Washington - but the East side is going to take a LOT of work.
I may start into Oregon at some point in the future, but right now this is kind of a pilot project to see how well it goes over.

Edit: I'd love a GPX file with tracks for Browns Camp. I intend to go there one day in the not too distant future. PM me for a place to send it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ohh I thought you we're talking about the Jones creek by Brown's camp. Didn't realize you were talking about the one north of Washougal. Or am I just crazy? ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Jones creek (WA) is fun I like the one way trails
was hoping to make my next ride there
There are gpx maps for Brown's camp out there

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jones creek (WA) is fun I like the one way trails
There are gpx maps for Brown's camp out there
I like the idea of one-way trails as well.
The second time I met this dude riding a pit bike the wrong way, I stopped beside him and said "You know these trails are directional, right?"
He said "Yeah, I was just turning around." Definitely unclear on the concept.

I'll hunt down the GPX for Browns Camp when the time is right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts