Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little riding yesterday. It was overcast, drizzly, but still a good time. The Headworks OHV park is a little plot of land owned by the local power district. They route the small river for hydro-electric power. Because of this they periodically have to dredge sand. That means, between the fairly low river bed, wooded area, and dredge piles, there is a lot of fun to be had. Very little rock, but plenty of other stuff.

For me, i had fun in the river bed . The wife got a few videos of me jumping around. I was disappointed to see how little air I actually got. I felt like I was way up in the air. LOL Unfortunately my neck didn't like all the jumping around so we had to call it quits after only a few hours. Getting old sucks.

Oh and I now understand why some of you have mud guards! That river mud is sticky!

Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep, heheh, git'n old does suck, big time..

Looks like fun, got over on 2 wheels too.. nice recovery?? (vid didn't catch the ending part)
Nice just to get out there right?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, heheh, git'n old does suck, big time..

Looks like fun, got over on 2 wheels too.. nice recovery?? (vid didn't catch the ending part)
Nice just to get out there right?
Yea, I managed to save it before it went over. Not sure why the wife stopped there. Panic perhaps. I nearly lost it a couple more times too, but never dumped it. I really beat the pants off...well, me. But the Ace was a champ. I was sure I was going to break it a few times. It never stopped though. Going to head back up there Tuesday. Thankfully it's only about 2 hours away. It was actually a pretty fun park. The only thing that bugged me, and I know it's personal choice, was the number of people riding with no helmets. Of course most who were riding like damn fools (like me) did have helmets on at least.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I totally wanted to see what happened at :08 when it looked like it was going over. Bummer that she let go of the record button. Protecting your ego, maybe? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts