Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I spent some time adding some cool stuff to my Ace.
L & R Mid Poly Windshield, L & R Poly Sport Roof, L & R Poly Rear Panel, Extreme Front Brush Guard, Trail Bag, Overhead Storage Bag, L & R Rear Cargo Box, and 4 Sedona Rip Saw Tires (stock size). I love my Ace!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Let me know how the tires do, where I ride there is a little of everything, mud, rock, loose sand and hard pack. Before long I'll be looking at tires and I like the look of those.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lonnie, I have only rode thru mud and hard pack. I also ride where there's of opportunity for flats. I really like the tires so far. I was worried about the weight and vibration at high speeds. So far no problem with that.
Tigers13, these tires are same size as stock tires. So yes to your question.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Tigers13 I taped measured width today. Sorry I assumed staying with stock tires it was 48" wide. I was wrong. It is 51" in front and 52" in back. That is outside tire to outside tire.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
@Tigers13 I taped measured width today. Sorry I assumed staying with stock tires it was 48" wide. I was wrong. It is 51" in front and 52" in back. That is outside tire to outside tire.
It is exceedingly difficult to change out the wheels and tires with non-stock stuff and stay at 48", due to the weird wheel offsets.
Especially since mine was not even 48" when stock! False advertising, I think. Check a stock one with a tape measure. Mine was 49" rear, 47" front.
Anyway, with 4+3 offset wheels and 25x8x12 BigHorns, I'm at 50.5" in the rear and 50" exactly in the front.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just replaced my Sedona Rip Saws for Dirt Commanders. I had the rip saws on for a month and don't really have any complaints other than the weight just really bugged me.
Here are the weights:
2014 Polaris Ace

Sedona Rip Saw
25x8/12 26 lbs
25x10/12 31 lbs

Dirt Commander
25x8/12 21.7 lbs
25x10/12 26.2 lbs

Stock Tire
25x8/12 15.2 lbs
25x10/12 18.7 lbs

I backed all this info up by weighing them myself in a certified scale.

The rip saws were great for what I did. Mostly farming with mud and hard packed ground. I also have a lot of brush that has been shredded that makes flats common. No flats from rip saws. No wobble at high speeds. Top speed with rip saws about 49 mph. Stock tires 50 mph. I also got a flat with stock tires after 1 outing.
My 2nd concern was width.
Rip saw fronts about 49.5" wide.
Rip saw rears 50.5" wide.
Dirt Commanders fronts 48" wide.
Dirt Commander rears 49" wide.
Dirt commanders are also 8 ply and rip saws are 6 ply

I will report back with dirt commanders review after I run them awhile. Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts