Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It cannot be put on either side. Only left side of drivers seat. I will take picture when I get home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not have to buy the gun boot only the mounting hardware. My gun scabbard fit right in it. It has an inner soft case that goes in the hard case.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can buy both or separate. Not all gun boots fit. I have an older koplin that does not.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks so much for the explanation. I'm sorry I was a bit confused on it. I need one for my groundhog rifle, so it may be the ticket. I'll have to check one out. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can say I really like how it's mounted to my ace. It's real solid and tucked in just a bit. The only negative is it will get mud thrown on it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The gun boot 6 does not fit as well as I would like it to. It does not slide slide as far down as my other boot. It probably sticks up 6" higher. It would work but I prefer it to be farther down into mount. Cabelas has a sale on them for $49.99 right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can the mount be modified? I had to modify the mount on my 2011 Sportsman XP to take the Kolpin 6.0 boot. It worked fine after that but I had to bungee cord the bottom loop as it was cut.

TNX

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased and installed the gun boot mount on my Ace. It fits perfectly. I have a Kolpin Gun Boot 6. I much prefer the Kolpin 6 over the Kolpin 4. It has a clamshell opening and that makes getting your firearm out much easier. I fooled around trying to install mounts on the front cover of the Ace. They cut down on my view of the trail, especially with a tactical shotgun mounted. The gun boot mount has solved the issue of carrying any long gun. I am sure anyone would be perfectly happy with this accessory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts