Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given a 2014 Polaris Ace with a hole in the block,
How hard is it to rebuild the 325?
What years of the 325 blocks are interchangeable?
Where can I find a either new/used engine or a quality remaned one?
This is my first Ace, I have a 2008 Ranger and a 2002 trailblazer that I have had since brand new and have taken good care of them with only a few minor issues. They have been great, I know nothing about the Ace, and had actually never seen one until the person gave me theirs. She said that her son had blown up the engine a second time and she wasn't going to fix it again because he wasn't treating it well and not checking the oil every time he used it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't have good information for you. But a gift like that would have been the high point of my year!

Good luck with the rebuild. We have two Aces, and love them!

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 325 isn't very hard to work on at all and is usually pretty reliable it must of been badly neglected to of finally died. Was some engine parts/cases listed on ebay usa a week or so ago.Not sure which piece of yours has the hole in it but might be worth a look. As even a swap for a remaned engine the machine shop wont really want a holed block they cant rebuild as an exchange. There was a company doing after market cranks/con rods for them a while ago and piston sets etc are not too expensive. Genuine Polaris parts will make your eyes water with the price but you might have to get some stuff genuine and some stuff aftermarket to keep price down. Goodluck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The kids decided drive it into the ocean and slow down so it got water into the intake, and since water doesn't compress he was still moving when the rod snapped and went through the lowercase.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep that would do it.....they must of been using it as a submarine as the air intakes are the rear tray height off the ground or the surf rolled in at the wrong time.. Cant imagine the salt water will be doing other stuff much good..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It happened in 2017, its been sitting in the back corner of a shop disassembled. The kids tore it apart, but I found everything and put it in a tote. Nothing is rusted, and the hole in the lower case is about 2"×2" and you can see the connecting rod minus the piston. I have never torn apart motor cycle or quad/at engines. I have rebuilt hundreds of car and truck engines, seems like a whole different animal. Going to have to get a factory service manual because I have heard that if you are off on torque or clearance specs, it will blow-up again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah just find a manual and follow it. If you have worked on engines before you wont have much trouble its all the same just take your time work through it. I have the same model its been pretty good regardless of the smaller engine. If you need any engine/wiring pictures of how its meant to look put together just pm me and I will sort out what you need. The manuals can be a little vague at times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts