Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking and thinking it over the last few weeks, but decided to pull the trigger today and put a deposit down on a new 570 SP edition. My dealer said it would be a few weeks before they got their first one in stock though, but I'm in no huge hurry. I will be doing a custom build on it as soon as it comes in as well. One thing i'm unsure about and would like to ask is what aftermarket tires are you guys running on your 570's? I ride a mix of soft, hard packed, and rock terrain. More hard packed and rock than soft though. I've really enjoyed my BigHorn tires on my Maverick and my old RZR 800 I had, but looking at the GBC Dirt Commanders or possibly the Reapers as well. Anyone else have any opinions on what tires have worked the best on their Ace's?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have Big Horns on my 13 800LE RZR and they are very good in snow and steep rock muddy trails but do not grip well in corners. I put Rip Saws on the 570 Ace and the cornering is much better. I only inflate to 4.5 psi. My friend put on his RZR 800 and had the same results. All these upgraded tires are much heavier than stock tires and eat a lot of your HP. I put a CommanderV with Auto Tune on both machines and gained a lot more HP. Just my 2 cents.
Norm

·
Registered
107 Posts
Norman----Any experience with the Ripsaws in deeper snow? Had a friend who had them on a Foreman 500 and he couldn't go anywhere in 6 inches of snow. Anyone with the same experience? He was running with 4 psi.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I had Rip Saws on the quad last winter and had the same results, no go in snow. Have Big Horns on the Rzr and 26" Duro Power Grip Radials on the Ace and the Quad now and so far, so good. Many folks are running them in the snow at home and are raving how good they go in snow. I am very happy with the Duros so far myself.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
The tread clogs with snow and they become slicks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My riding buddy had Rip Saws on his RZR last winter in 15" of snow on the Hatfield McCoy trails last winter and pulled me 9 miles when my rear diff exploded on my RZR with no problems. It was very cold and the snow was powdery, in any case it didn't pack into tread. That's my experience.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I'm sure we all know that snow can have different textures. Super cold snow makes shitty snowballs because it won't pack, for example.
So I guess the takeaway is that if the snow is loose and powerdery, it's fine, but if it's more wet and packable, it will clog up the treads.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I'm sure we all know that snow can have different textures. Super cold snow makes shitty snowballs because it won't pack, for example.
So I guess the takeaway is that if the snow is loose and powerdery, it's fine, but if it's more wet and packable, it will clog up the treads.
That is it in a nutshell. Living on a lake at 5000' most of our snow is wet and packs easy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just put 26.5 Pit Bull Growlers & 12" STI bead locks on, night & day improvement over stock first ride this weekend kept dropping pressures settled on 2 psi in the front and 3 psi one tuff tire i think i can run them with no air
rock climbs like it has fingers,mud cleans right out point & shoot and it goes.............in 2 WD amazing difference

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just put 26.5 Pit Bull Growlers & 12" STI bead locks on, night & day improvement over stock first ride this weekend kept dropping pressures settled on 2 psi in the front and 3 psi one tuff tire i think i can run them with no air
rock climbs like it has fingers,mud cleans right out point & shoot and it goes.............in 2 WD amazing difference
Pit bulls are probably the best tires made for all around off road conditions but are also one of the heaviest tires made which is why I haven't considered them for my new Ace.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That is it in a nutshell. Living on a lake at 5000' most of our snow is wet and packs easy.
The problem I usually have in snow is that it builds up in front of the vehicle until it's too heavy to push out of the way (not a problem in powdery snow, only packy stuff), and then the tires dig down until the frame is high centered. At that point it doesn't matter what tires you're wearing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts