Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had them for several months, and have given them a pretty good workout. Over the weekend, we went to Hot Well Dunes near Bowie, AZ, and put between 40 and 50 miles of riding. We did gravel trail, tight curvy course, fast straights, and soft dunes. No issues, no problems, no complaints.

We never got stuck in the dunes, though the steering was soft, and it took a lot of throttle to get up the long climbs. We were running stock tires at standard inflation. I did get a little bogged on one very long climb, but I later realized I was in 2WD!

We used about 4 gallons of gas between the two.

When I wear sneakers, I have no foot issues. I seem to have a little trouble with foot placement when I wear my 12D farm boots - I have to wiggle my heel back and forth to get a good spot on the accelerator. No complaints from either of us otherwise regarding comfort. I agree with others that the ride seems harsher than a sit-on quad, but I think that has most to do with being able to lift the butt up by the legs when riding a sit-on on rough trails.

My wife is not an experienced nor aggressive rider, but she was doing some pretty technical stuff. You go girl!

We have had two mechanical issues. Wife's Ace had a regulator fail, and it was repaired quickly and cheerfully under warranty. I have a rear shock that is oozing oil - I have not bothered to address it yet.

I sometimes pine for a 570, but at the time of my purchase of the second Ace, that represented nearly a 50 percent additional cost. (2014 330 on closeout, vs. the first 2015 570 at the dealer!)

We have added the overhead bags, a storage box on mine, horns, mirrors, license lights and whip mounts. Oh, and smoked Lexan visors. Stock otherwise. They are street-legal here.

All in all, no regrets. These things are quick and fun, and I believe them to be much safer than the sit-on quads they replaced.

Matt B
Tucson

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good to hear Matt..
Don't suppose you have any pics of it or in action? It's always fun to look at...

Good to hear how they did on the dunes, I wasn't quite sure how they would do...

fun..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts