Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please show me how you mounted your light bar to the roof. I know I can drill the plastic and bolt down but I feel it would weaken the plastis and eventually break the plastic. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats exactly what i did! I drilled two holes in my roof and bolted it right on! No issues so far and ive had it on there for a few months now!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Same here. I added .125 aluminum plates on the bottom to help with weight distribution. Did the same thing on my RZR and Ranger. Not a problem one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks good, I also forgot to mention that I put a small disconnect in the wiring so the roof could still be removed in 30 seconds! Comes in very handy!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the same but I didn't even think about that. I only did it because I didn't want the disconnect down by the end of cage. I'm now glad I did that. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone...member of rzr forum but, since i'm getting my 570 tomorrow figured I'd sign up here.
Best mounting is directly to metal cage whether it be the factory gussets or tubing itself [like i did on the factory cage, mounting light bar inside top horizontal bar directly to gussets]...or even better, weld on tabs [like i have now on my AM cage, with light outside of cage...unfortunately a lot less protection for light]...the colder temps. make plastic more brittle...more likely to fatigue and crack. Always best to use largest washers possible...like fender washers to distribute load over a greater area...I think someone already mentioned that. I got on here to see what's the optimum size light bar for the ace. I don't want to hi-jack this thread so if someone wants to pm link of threads pertaining to any lighting info. I'd appreciate that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello everyone...member of rzr forum but, since i'm getting my 570 tomorrow figured I'd sign up here.
Best mounting is directly to metal cage whether it be the factory gussets or tubing itself [like i did on the factory cage, mounting light bar inside top horizontal bar directly to gussets]...or even better, weld on tabs [like i have now on my AM cage, with light outside of cage...unfortunately a lot less protection for light]...the colder temps. make plastic more brittle...more likely to fatigue and crack. Always best to use largest washers possible...like fender washers to distribute load over a greater area...I think someone already mentioned that. I got on here to see what's the optimum size light bar for the ace. I don't want to hi-jack this thread so if someone wants to pm link of threads pertaining to any lighting info. I'd appreciate that.

Welcome to the forum, and i installed a 20 inch dual row for ultimate brightness. Any bigger and you will be sticking out the sides of the cage. Mine is mounted on the roof tho if you want to mount inside the cage on tabs i think a 12 inch is all you will get in there! Jmo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked it up today...hell of a deal too...$5740 out the door for new 15...oh yea! good thing i looked in the polaris free red bag of chit they were giving away at the glamis halloween camp rzr...had a refer-a-friend coupon for another $300 off for me and my buddy gets $100...sweeeet! Also, just got an Axia 9" rear view mirror...so I'll be mounting light bar outside like yours...that's a nice set up...looks like 20" is what I'll go with. I've read there is a reinforcement bracket kit [i think from super atv] that strengthens and pro-longs the rack n pinion and steering component life. Is there any other must haves for these ace 570's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts