Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have our two Ace's,, smaller engine, which will work just fine I think for us two old duffers,, sorry honey...
Anyway, I am not much of a mechanic, let alone an electrical genius.. but want to add the electric horn, and a lighted license plate. Have looked and see from the rear driver wiring to the tail light there is a "jack" from the wire... and by the steering wheel it appears wiring comes to a conglomeration head, but have no clue if this is the two places to proceed.
Any past experience or help on this would be much appreciated. I tried to look on the site, but did not see anything. thank you,, dan

·
Registered
552 Posts
We now have our two Ace's,, smaller engine, which will work just fine I think for us two old duffers,, sorry honey...
Anyway, I am not much of a mechanic, let alone an electrical genius.. but want to add the electric horn, and a lighted license plate. Have looked and see from the rear driver wiring to the tail light there is a "jack" from the wire... and by the steering wheel it appears wiring comes to a conglomeration head, but have no clue if this is the two places to proceed.
Any past experience or help on this would be much appreciated. I tried to look on the site, but did not see anything. thank you,, dan
I used that "jack" for a license plate light. It works great! I used a very low voltage light.

For the horn I used the electrical panel under the small removable panel in the front storage bin. I used a fuse and ran the red to the "keyed" power (small red). and the black to the black. IMG_4202.jpg IMG_4161.jpg IMG_4374.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
I used that connector as well for the license light. A matching connector and nice LED license lights are available at most auto supply stores. Tape up the connections well!

I mounted the horn button to the lower left of the seat. I have trouble finding the buttons on the dash (through steering wheel, and I need reading glasses!), so I mounted the horn button where my hand naturally falls. A wire from battery to fuse holder to button to horn - easy job!

Matt B

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a female and I just bought a 570 Ace. I would like a horn installed and I have been reading this thread. Can you tell me where you purchased your horn button and what the maufacturer is? What capacity is it? A 3 amp or a 20 amp switch? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Polaris has a nice horn kit for the RZR that includes a red button with horn emblem on it. Not your cheapest option, but it works well.
But you can use any automotive horn and any of a wide range of momentary-on buttons for the job, exact specs aren't terribly important. A 10A fuse should cover it, maybe even a 5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts