Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to draw me a wiring diagram or advise me on the best way to wire two lights on the ACE. I'm not very experienced with dc wiring and would appreciate any advice. I'm debating on one of these lighting positions IMG_4197.jpg IMG_4194.jpg

·
Registered
420 Posts
couple ways to do it.
use a relay to handle the current and a switch to run the relay to keep higher current levels from being right under the dash.
or just use a switch rated for the total current of the lights.
or were you looking for info on the wiring already in the machine and where to tie into?
I would also make your grounds as short and strong as possible.

the lights up top would flood an area better but mounted low would really brighten up a trail...depends on your primary use of the lights

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
couple ways to do it.
use a relay to handle the current and a switch to run the relay to keep higher current levels from being right under the dash.
or just use a switch rated for the total current of the lights.
or were you looking for info on the wiring already in the machine and where to tie into?
I would also make your grounds as short and strong as possible.

the lights up top would flood an area better but mounted low would really brighten up a trail...depends on your primary use of the lights
I like the relay, I'd like to tie into the machine where best/possible and I think I'm going to go with the lower lights for now. To make this thing street legal (for dirt two-tracks even) it needs to have "high beams" these will be my high beams.

·
Registered
420 Posts
as a high beam use I might put them in the V ( where the upright meets the horizontal tube) on either side of the radiator opening. they would flood a little better (like a high beam) but still give you some of the more fog light effect of having them at the bottom.

adding...I mean where the upright meets the lower tube

1 - 6 of 6 Posts