Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at a 325 that is like new at a local dealer. They have 2 each with 0 miles, but they are being sold as used because the machines were displays and no longer have the warranties. This feels suspicious to me. Am I just paranoid or is something wrong? Also, if nothing is seemingly wrong, is there anything I should be aware of before purchasing? Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 325 its been a good buggy and wouldn't hesitate to buy another new one if it was offed at a greatly reduced price at a dealer special ...The 325 became the 500 base model they both became was over shadowed by the 570 and the 900 of course more horse power is a tempting lure and later models of the 570 and the 900 had different suspension set up .One of the local dealers down here had a couple of 500's that were new old stock one was still in its packing crate and offered pretty much the same deal being sold well below their cost .... As for stuff that goes wrong there is the ill located voltage regulator problem which can be fixed with about 5 dollars worth of plastic or aluminium sheeting to keep the mud off it. The front struts can break if you decide to use it as a high speed bulldozer and remove stumps with the front wheels mine has been used for hunting and farm work and doesn't get treated with kid gloves and I haven't managed to break one yet..The muffler can heat items in the rear bed and or melt the plastic a simple heat shield fixes this and its been changed on later models..Battery can be a little small if you add extra items or use extras like spot or work lights the battery tray/holder is out of a different model polaris and can fit a much larger battery than stock with not too much drama.. Later models had some storage pockets in the dash which would be handy but its not a deal breaker. The 325's are geared low and as such climb like a mountain goat and tow small trailers around our farm really well. Though not the fastest of the ace family they still zip along fine and is times in tight forest trails I wish it went slower..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2016 model and I would definitely buy another one. I have a friend with a 570 and he has no chance of losing me on the trails. Its top speed is about 48 mph. Plenty fast for anything you would need to do. The voltage regulator issue needs to be addressed but its an easy fix. Plus I can ride all weekend on a tank of fuel. The 570 and 900 models are gonna need to refill. You wont be disappointed with your purchase. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A local dealer here also advertise the old and out of warranty machines as used. My buddy got his 2015 Grizzly with only 12miles and out of warranty and put a new set of tires, quadboss atv trailer and luggage and he got a nice workhorse. Some guy paid a down payment after the test drive but never returned so they put that on sale.

Having 0 mile on them makes them really sound like new ones, just check out for cosmetic flaws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts