Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a used, (in good condition) or new left side strut housing for my ACE 570. If you have or know somewhere I can get one please reply to this thread or PM me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You want to buy two new strut hubs for a 2016 900 ACE. They are way heaver then the one you have left. Repeat, replace both sides. I hit a rock on the left front wheel and my strut hub broke off just above the wheel bearing and if it hadn't been for the new A-arm guards I had just put on it I would have had to tow it out. I only had to drive about a 1\4 mile to a road where I could park it and go get the trailer and load it up. Both sides thru Rocky Mountain ATV was about $567.00. Do your self a favor and do it. For the little sum of $1200 you can get a pair of steel ones that are make by RT tect, their site is on this web page. If you broke your strut be sure to check your brake line where it goes into your caliper and look for a broken line. I forgot to tell you that if your steering wheel is not where it was before you broke your strut hub look at the four bolts that hold the rack and pinion box on and see it it moved. Mine did so you have to unbolt it just alittle and then move the box back into place and your steering wheel should be really close to where it was.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had to buy a new strut hub. I read a statement about the 2016 being much heavier. I checked with the dealer and the part numbers were the same and the pictures were the same for the 2015 & 2016 models.. I did not just hit a rock. A friend drove it over a 75 ft embankment and it did an end-over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I could not find anything on RT Tect or RT Tech I did not see any strut hubs listed on line for Rocky Mountain ATV / MC. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ditto what rockman said there was two models of/or specs of Ace down here at the dealers one was labelled heavy duty. The HD started appearing about 12 months after we bought our 325 ..I couldn't tell you what the exact changes were but the local salesman did say it had heavier struts than the ones in mine after response from customer feed back. Which I took as complaints for broken struts and other stuff that shouldn't of broken on farms etc. He said it had more parts that could be greased as well for longevity. Again I never worked out exactly what the changes were between HD and normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts