Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience in making an aftermarket exhaust a little more bearable? I've got the Yoshimura exhaust on my 330 Ace and it's just too obnoxious for me. It's been loud from the start, so the packing should be good. I haven't had it out on the trails yet, but just around my property, I'm worried about annoying neighbors. I contacted Yoshimura by email and they actually quickly replied that they don't make a quite insert for this muffler. I was impressed by the quick reply. So is there a small clamp on unit I could put on after the muffler? Any other tricks? Maybe I could make my own quiet insert?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thank you Mustang. I was thinking the same thing earlier but did'nt say anything. Those guys with a loud exaust system just don't realize how irritating it is for the riders behind them.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thank you Mustang. I was thinking the same thing earlier but did'nt say anything. Those guys with a loud exaust system just don't realize how irritating it is for the riders behind them.
Not to mention all the bad reputation all atv riders get from the ones that have to be the loudest. The woods are a place for peace and quiet. If I want loud I go to the races somewhere, and All the ACES are loud enough with the stock exhaust. My 570 is actually a little annoying to me, because its as loud as any atv I have ever owned....Good tone just a little too much

Reactions: bill albion

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy you guys are rough, when I bought the exhuast, I was hoping for just a bit louder, the HMF sounds good, (not the XL). But my Yoshimura is just obnoxious. I prefer to not be the noisiest person out there.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Boy you guys are rough, when I bought the exhuast, I was hoping for just a bit louder, the HMF sounds good, (not the XL). But my Yoshimura is just obnoxious. I prefer to not be the noisiest person out there.
No ones trying to be rough Kevin, we just have our opinions just like other folks. Nothing personal. But one thing is for certain....all aftermarket exhausts are louder than a stock one....so trying to get a quiet one is probably not going to happen....and most get louder with use and age

·
Registered
552 Posts
Does anyone think the exhaust is excessively smelly. I feel like I've been smelling it a lot, almost giving me a headache. Maybe it has something to do with this cold weather riding or maybe something else, I don't know. I know it is worse when I have the front windshield on, this makes sense to me and I imagine if I put on a rear windshield it would help.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
No ones trying to be rough Kevin, we just have our opinions just like other folks. Nothing personal. But one thing is for certain....all aftermarket exhausts are louder than a stock one....so trying to get a quiet one is probably not going to happen....and most get louder with use and age
I bought a "silent" aftermarket exhaust for my RZR. The tires and transmission are louder than the exhaust to outside ears. :)

Vinny said:
Does anyone think the exhaust is excessively smelly
I rode behind an ACE a couple weeks ago and I thought it was kinda smelly, but then it was not broken in yet. Never smelled my own ACE. ;)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I bought a "silent" aftermarket exhaust for my RZR. The tires and transmission are louder than the exhaust to outside ears. :)

I rode behind an ACE a couple weeks ago and I thought it was kinda smelly, but then it was not broken in yet. Never smelled my own ACE. ;)

Is that silent exhaust full of power robbing chambers, because the only way I know of to quiet an exhaust is to restrict it in some way or another, and restricting that much sound has to be terrible for fuel mileage and performance also, and if so it's not worth having. What kind is it Scoundrel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts