Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to my fellow Ace owner's. I'm new to this forum,but not new to having a Polaris. My Ace is my third ATV from them and I have loved them all. First one was a 1999 Xplorer 300 4x4. Then a 2000 Sport 400 and now my Ace 570. The Xplorer 300 went everywhere I wanted and sold me on the brand. The 400 was stolen, but I had the 300 till a serious wreck two years ago.
I saw in the ATV magazines' about the new Ace and was intrigued by the way it looked. However the smaller moter didn't thrill me. But I was going to give it a try. By the time I was ready to part with the hard earned cash, I wanted to be sure this is what I wanted, really wanted. My local dealer had a few in and I was delighted to see the 570 setting in the lot. They had a test area in back of the store for you to check them out and one test ride sold me on it. Once you sit in the chair and start it up, it opens a whole new way to have fun.. You do have to remember about turning a little bit different, kinda like driving a SUV , and having a longer turning radius. All this taken in account, it is a kick ass, fun machine to ride.
Well I can write a lot of stuff on the changes in quality of fit , performance and durability of my Ace. However I will use other threads to do that . Have a good ride everyone!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the asylum Nomad. I'm sure you will enjoy your new machine. As a matter of fact it sounds like you already do according to your intro.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome Nomad. I too had a Sport 400 with Fox shock and struts. Kick ass machine. Much under rated. I loved that thing.

Aces are good too, but in a different way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good deal! Another Arkie! Where are you from and where do you ride?

My son and I are in Benton and ride on our deer lease here but are considering some in state trips soon.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Welcome Nomad

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Stubby, Yeah I kinda like my Ace. I wanted the protection of a roll cage and convenience of a steering wheel. All in a ATV size. Also with enough power to have a good time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome. I just got mine the other day and can't stop riding it even if the temp. is around 5F.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello rockman, your right about the Sport 400. I had AAEN clutch springs and tuned header pipe, wiseco pistons, roller bearing rear clutch,38mm munki flat side carb, K&N air and fuel filters, a bad ass snowmobile belt for both the 400 and the 300 4x4. After a few years of hard riding, I took that big oil tank off the front of my 300 and mixed my own oil with it. It got lots more air to cool it down. AAEN also made a kit to make the 400 up to a 500 something, I was going to get. But alas the ATV was stolen from me, thank goodness for insurance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello and thank you Scoundrel, you never know how much you miss the mud in your hair and the bugs in your face, till you go for awhile without them. Better now 'cause I have a windshield and a Bimini top. I like the gas pedal also, no more wearing my thumb out on a long days ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello, I live in Hot Springs. Just down the road sorta. But I did buy my Ace in Benton, the place here was closed during Xmas day. So far I have only rode it a few times at a friends house in Royal and once at the off road vehicle park here. Oh and during the last snow we had, I drove through the drive through window of Mc Donalds in it, I noticed the police car in the back of the line behind me, but as long as I stayed off the main roads, I was cool lol.
As for places to ride the Ace, I hear we do have some good places. I had a really good time at the park here, but because I have a roll cage on the Sportsman Ace they charged me the price of a side by side UTV. There are a lot of trails that really build your confidence in this machine and in yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts