Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jesus man, I really hope you heal well and can get back to the Ace.
I know right now you probably dont even want to look at it.

I have had some serious motorcycle and car wrecks and know what you are going through is no fun at all.

I hope you can get some relief from the pain, no sleep will not help you in the healing department. :-(

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Sorry if some are grossed out or offended by pics lol. First bandage change/cleaning today was first time I've actually seen injury. Still very shocked, had no idea there'd be bruising like that! 2 plates/screws inside shoulder. 2 broken ribs just below the chest bruising, need to heal on their own. Occasional lose of muscle control & numbing of arm tells me it's going to be a very slow recovery. Bruising has since started turning entire area black & blue.
20161021_144411.jpg

Can only sleep sitting in office chair, laying down puts too much pressure on shoulder & causes severe muscle cramps. Sleep has been impossible due to pain/cramps...half hour/night. Now getting additional 4hrs. sleep during the day.
Slowly but surely getting better. Need to have entire surgery again in 5 weeks just to remove plates! Location of breaks means leaving plates in will quickly tear muscle & blood vessels, so no shoulder movements until then.
20161021_144440.jpg

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Made joke to my HONDA-ONLY younger brother that at least Polaris steps up to offer support to it's customers(wish it was true).....I rolled a 2016 Polaris Accessories catalog into my sling for "full support" of my arm! Hahaha. Instant relief, it's only thing I found to let me enjoy pain-free days with almost no cramping & can actually lie down in my own bed. Least now don't feel so helpless & managed to wipe down the ACE while taking it easy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry if some are grossed out or offended by pics lol. First bandage change/cleaning today was first time I've actually seen injury. Still very shocked, had no idea there'd be bruising like that! 2 plates/screws inside shoulder. 2 broken ribs just below the chest bruising, need to heal on their own. Occasional lose of muscle control & numbing of arm tells me it's going to be a very slow recovery. Bruising has since started turning entire area black & blue.
View attachment 18186

Can only sleep sitting in office chair, laying down puts too much pressure on shoulder & causes severe muscle cramps. Sleep has been impossible due to pain/cramps...half hour/night. Now getting additional 4hrs. sleep during the day.
Slowly but surely getting better. Need to have entire surgery again in 5 weeks just to remove plates! Location of breaks means leaving plates in will quickly tear muscle & blood vessels, so no shoulder movements until then.
View attachment 18194
Max, when I had my accident, I found I could sleep well in a recliner with the powered adjustment. I had two new knees in 2011 and once again found the recliner to be the answer for a reasonable nights sleep. I was lucky to escape surgery on my shoulder and collar bone, nature did the cure for me. Best wishes buddy, stay positive.!! Tony

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ouch dude, that's a hell of a zipper you got there... on a positive note after your pics I think every one will be wearing a seat belt and helmet now, so may save some one else from serious injuries down the road

After Mungo's thread I don't drive the Ace any faster than I'm prepared to crash it at due to strut failure issue since it may let go at any time..... trail putter mode for now on booo lol

Well hope you feel better soon ..... try some " medicinal herbs " sure can help with pain / inflammation and sleep.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Hahaha It's all good Cracker 9000, rather have a good laugh than dwell on the pain. We've all made mistakes, just thankful it wasn't any worse. Staples get removed next weekend & plates/screws were supposed to be removed at 6 weeks.
Surgeon now pushed removal to 3 months with healing pushed to 12 months. ACE is finished for the winter, so going to start on my father's new '16 Honda Pioneer 500. He wants a perfect hunting/camping setup!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to ride a grizzly and had a near miss on that machine and that is why I bought the ace. One of my best friends died when trying to climb a hill on another atv without a roll cage. Brothers Polaris sportsman chased him down a hill to and messed him up for life.
Sorry for all your pain and suffering. I wont get in this machine with out wearing a helmet and putting the belt on. Thanks for the reminder to all of us.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry to here that, I too knew some who lost their lives to ATV's. The scariest part is hearing some locals wanting to buy the ACE for their young kids because "it's just the 325". Technically it's a non-H.O Sportsman 500. Some of ACE 570's keeping right up with most 800's says a lot about their power. When I rolled her over into a ditch, that 325 chucked me into the roll cage like I was a rag doll! Helmet & harness is staying on from now on regardless how far/close I go!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well it's been 8 long months & just had final surgery to remove steel shoulder plate & screws from my rollover in October! :) Anxious to slowly get back in the ACE, though the mods have started just before surgery! lol
My main mods are done so haven't had much to contribute lately, usually check-in few times a day just to see what cool new ideas someone has come up with. Great work everyone, always great to see ideas to make the ACE even more enjoyable!

Next up is dual batteries/fuse box & full audio system with 6.5" fronts, 10" subs & 400watt amps! Also looking at your ideas that I can quickly swap out for completely different setups like yard utility & hunting/camping.
It's going to be a great summer, keep them great ideas coming all! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Glad you're healing! I really want to do a cross-country trip across the upper peninsula. I've been debating some sort of additional storage basket on the back maybe hitch mounted? The heat and exhaust have me doubting success there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just welded up backbones that can be easily removed if needed & will have some form of basket for bag, shovel/axe or my fishing tacklebox. May even add spare/jack carrier later.
Backbones are high enough to keep cargo box space for larger items.

First photo is from fellow member jeffddouglas, one of the nicest basket idea I've seen so far.
Second photo is the Rear Cargo Rack from Hornet Outdoors. Both look like great storage ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
These are really nice, I'm trying to envision how much storage this would really add but it certainly would help organize it. If I put a cooler in there it would also keep some heat off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just welded up backbones that can be easily removed if needed & will have some form of basket for bag, shovel/axe or my fishing tacklebox. May even add spare/jack carrier later.
Backbones are high enough to keep cargo box space for larger items.

First photo is from fellow member jeffddouglas, one of the nicest basket idea I've seen so far.
Second photo is the Rear Cargo Rack from Hornet Outdoors. Both look like great storage ideas.
I like these but ideally I want one that I can either a) swing out of the way to get into the cargo box, or b) is high enough out of the way I can get into the cargo box, I want mine mostly for chainsaw and chainsaw fuel.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts