Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some Method Race Wheels Standard 12x7 and some Raceline SXS MT 25" tires. I installed the hub caps after the picture was taken, they required spacers, about 1/4" up front and 1/2" on the rear. The front ends up at 50" wide and the rear is 52" wide.
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like those tires. I am looking to get some more aggressive tread.
I don't want to strain the smaller engine so I want to stay stock size.
I have found, so far, that the stock tires do just decent in mud. It's the ground clearance that needs fixing.
I may go 2" higher and wider before Spring calving season. Those tires look like good Christmas gifts.......

·
Registered
421 Posts
They are great tires. I have them on the little ACE and 27" on my RZR. They are a softer rubber so they will wear faster than other brands. Can't beat the price and service from Discount Tire Direct. The Method wheels are top notch too. I have the black ones. Very light! But not weak.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What did they require spacers for? What hit? I had 4+3 wheels on my old ace, with 26" tires, and never rubbed on anything. Just curious as I just ordered the same wheels in black for my Ace with 26x9 tires all the way around

·
Registered
79 Posts
Found the answer after I put my wheels on. The center caps hit the dust cover for the hub castle nut. I contacted Method to see if they make deeper center caps, if not, I'm just going to machine some spacers for the center caps, and not the wheels.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They still don't fit...castle nut sticks out a hair too far to get the screws in.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't get it. I have the same wheels on both my Aces. No problem on either. I'm NOT running spacers. I wonder what's up?

·
Registered
79 Posts
You have the center caps screwed on on yours? I'm guessing you just took the dust cap off? The center caps that came with mine hit the castle nut on the hub, the screws wouldn't reach.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Took the dust cap off. Do you have 2 washers underneath your castle nut?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll look when I get to the lake tonight. Did you? Did you remove those washers?

·
Registered
421 Posts
No. They have to stay on!. I'm scratching my head on this one. My fit fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, not sure. Looked again this weekend, and the caps definitely hit. Going to machine up some 3/8" center cap spacers so I don't have to space out my wheels any farther.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also recently installed a set of method "the standard" 12x7 wheels in black finish and had to space the rear center cap out 1/2" and the front needed 1/4". I had no dust cover on it. I went to lowes and bought tapered pvc 3" pipe and cut it down to 1/2" thick and drill the 2 holes through for to mount the center cap with longer screws. Looks perfect this way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm going to try 3d printing some black plastic spacers. I felt like the metal ones were too much weight on the hubs and throwing the balance off. Had a bit of vibration at higher speeds with them on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts