Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed the Polaris overhead radio and now I can't use my rear view mirror. I would like a rear view panel mirror but I'm not sure which one will work.
Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i installed the Polaris overhead radio and now I can't use my rear view mirror. I would like a rear view panel mirror but I'm not sure which one will work.
Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions ?
Darin.....get some side mirrors. You will definitely like them better and definitely be able to see more of what's behind you

·
Registered
421 Posts
Which side mirrors work the best??

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive got a pair of bad dawg side mirrors and they have had a hiding on rough trakes in northern aus and good view whats behind and I got them from usa

·
Registered
447 Posts
I too have had a pair of Bad Dawg mirrors since I bought the Ace in March of 2014. They have performed flawlessly. I really cannot compare them to other side mirrors as this is the only pair that I have had on the Ace. They fold in nicely and have survived several hits.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Which side mirrors work the best??
I have the Kolpin side mirrors. Work great and break-away if you hit something or you can fold them in when traveling in tight places. The overhead mirrors just are too obstructed to be any good. Great for looking at the inside of your roof but that's about all

Reactions: Indy Joe

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thank you Vandal.

·
Registered
421 Posts
And you too Marauder0378

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
First post for this old geezer! Sold my '03 Honda Rincon & just purchased a new 2014 Ace; much easier ride for a 77 yr. old! Just starting w/accessories & was wondering what part # is for Kolpin side mirrors you guys are using. I believe it is SKU-98315 which is 4.125 x 7.25. Could someone verify this works on the Ace? Thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
First post for this old geezer! Sold my '03 Honda Rincon & just purchased a new 2014 Ace; much easier ride for a 77 yr. old! Just starting w/accessories & was wondering what part # is for Kolpin side mirrors you guys are using. I believe it is SKU-98315 which is 4.125 x 7.25. Could someone verify this works on the Ace? Thanks
That sounds right. I have them but don't have the info on the numbers anymore...but what you are describing sounds right.. Congrats on your new Ace. Have fun and be careful,,,,,especially while getting used to it. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Vandal

·
Registered
150 Posts
The cheapest I can find the Kolpin 98315 mirrors are $45, is that the cheapest or does anyone have a good used set for sale ?
Thank You

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got mine from Amazon (used) for $34 shipped. The condition was described as " very good"; couldn't tell from new!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
The cheapest I can find the Kolpin 98315 mirrors are $45, is that the cheapest or does anyone have a good used set for sale ?
Thank You
I just picked up a "used" set on eBay for $28 shipped. Said they had previously been installed, but everything was there and they were in excellent shape.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I installed the Kolpin side mirrors last night. Man, are they a pain to adjust or what!?!? I think I finally got them to the position I like best but I haven't had a chance to ride with them so I don't know how well I like them yet.

I used them to replace a Moose mirror that is about the sameness size of the Kolpin mirrors. I had it mounted horizontally on the upper right location of the roll cage. It worked out well and pretty much acted like a rear view mirror in a car. I could see everything behind me pretty clearly. However, I thought it looked funny and that is why I decided to get the Kolpin mirrors.

From just sitting in the Ace and looking in the mirrors I'm not sure that I can see as much with the side mirrors. I'm a bit disappointed but maybe (hopefully) out on the trail the view will show more than what I see inside the garage. Otherwise I may reinstall the Moose mirror back on the upper right corner of the roll cage. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
I picked up the Koplins also. I mounted mine high and upside down similar to another member on here. I don't have anything to compare them to, but I thought the visibility was pretty good.

I installed the Kolpin side mirrors last night. Man, are they a pain to adjust or what!?!? I think I finally got them to the position I like best but I haven't had a chance to ride with them so I don't know how well I like them yet.

I used them to replace a Moose mirror that is about the sameness size of the Kolpin mirrors. I had it mounted horizontally on the upper right location of the roll cage. It worked out well and pretty much acted like a rear view mirror in a car. I could see everything behind me pretty clearly. However, I thought it looked funny and that is why I decided to get the Kolpin mirrors.

From just sitting in the Ace and looking in the mirrors I'm not sure that I can see as much with the side mirrors. I'm a bit disappointed but maybe (hopefully) out on the trail the view will show more than what I see inside the garage. Otherwise I may reinstall the Moose mirror back on the upper right corner of the roll cage. LOL

Reactions: ACE of <3's

·
Registered
99 Posts
Never thought about installing them high and upside down. It sounds like a good idea and may do the trick. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts