Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my half windshield and wondered if you guys like your mirrors low or high ?
I am thinking if I go higher then I won't be able to tip the mirror down far enough .

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have Koplin mirrors and mounted them up high. I liked them better high rather than low.

Reactions: Cracker 9000

·
Registered
438 Posts
I run mine up high on the roll bar. Keeps them from blocking my view when negotiating tight trails. As the cage is narrower at the top, it keeps them tucked in away from harms way better. Easier to reach and pull in when I need to. Keeps them out of mud spray a little better then if down low.

DSCF1123.JPG

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Personally I keep mine as low as possible. I don't like how they look when mounted up high, but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am installing my half windshield and wondered if you guys like your mirrors low or high ?
I am thinking if I go higher then I won't be able to tip the mirror down far enough .
I also have those Kolpin mirrors... mine are mounted with the top of the mirrors at the bottom edge of my canvas roof.

As to the viewing angle adjustment range, that round base has a spline fitment held in the preferred orientation with an internal socket head screw that takes a 4mm hex wrench... accessible only before mounting to the tube straps. I have mine set with the trailing edge of the top flat (where the swivel ball is located)... about 1/4" below the mould line on the female spline socket half of the base.

When driving, I have mine adjusted so the top of the rear fenders are just visible in the bottom of the mirrors, and the roll cage is just visible at the inside edge of the mirrors.

That worked well for me today on a SxS group ride, to keep track of the riders behind me on twisting US Forestry roads over varying elevations and grades.

Fortunately, the snow from last week had just melted, so visibility was good with almost no dust... and with volcanic soil drainage... almost no mud... Perfect!

Attachments

Reactions: whatwasithinkin

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Personally I keep mine as low as possible. I don't like how they look when mounted up high, but that's just my opinion
Agree with Vandal. I disliked the look of the mirrors when mounted high. Also had a issue with viewing angle

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the Kolpin mirrors as well. I didn't like the viewing angle when they were installed low so what I did is mount them high but upside down. The viewing angle is perfect that way and they don't look bad.

Reactions: cride1

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is how I have mine mounted also.

I have the Kolpin mirrors as well. I didn't like the viewing angle when they were installed low so what I did is mount them high but upside down. The viewing angle is perfect that way and they don't look bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts