Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to bring this up before but forgot about it. has anyone here rode moab yet? really would like to try it this summer or fall is it to rugged for the little ace I have a couple of friends who have four wheel drive pickups that say I would wreak the ace out there. any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have been to Moab with my RZR S, and there were ATVs with me.
There are many different degrees of difficulty at Moab, and many of the trails are pretty tame, if a bit on the bumpy side.
You would only wreck the ACE there if you tried to do the hard core 4x4 trails with the 6 foot sheer rock faces and stuff, without winch, tow ropes, and buddies.

I highly recommend buying one or both of these books:
http://www.amazon.com/ATV-Trails-Guide-Moab-UT/dp/0966497678
Guide To Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails (2nd Edition): Charles A. Wells, Shelley Mayer: 9781934838068: Amazon.com: Books
There are a lot more trails in the 4x4 guide, but the ATV guide has a few that are not in the 4x4 guide due to width restrictions, and you could do them in the ACE.

Those books have everything you need to make a successful Moab trip. Directions to trail heads, trail difficulty and descriptions, pictures, parking information, GPS waypoints, turn by turn directions on the trail, local resources, local rules, and other helpful information. Those guide books are worth their weight in gold.

I'm going to Moab in October, and if my wife were not riding with me, I would totally take the ACE.
A UHMW skid plate would be a good idea though, to help you slip over big rocks and protect the frame. But it is not necessary.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ill pick up the books don't know for sure when I will go. want to do hatfield McCoy this year and a couple in texas and Nevada ill make it out there sooner or later. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts