Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instructions were pretty good....hardest part was feeding/routing the control plug wiring.

Winch.jpg

Winch 2.jpg

Reactions: H2Os

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hate to rain on your parade, but did you use the back of the dash access cover to get your plug wired in? You said hardest part was feeding the wires in. Lots of folks don't know it is there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed the splash guard under the wheel well to access the dash. I took the wires straight across from the back of the dash to where the wire bundle comes into the contact block/radiator area. There is enough space to push it through with the wire bundle....but it was just a pain to get my hands up in there. I worked it from the wheel well side and from the steering wheel side. I zipped tied the excess in the radiator area after I made the connections.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had I not been able to get it.....I would have started pulling more panels/guards off.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree I will be doing the same. I had to use my winch to pull my brother out 3 times. It was a pain to plug in the controller for every use.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I ordered a $40.00 in/out flush panel rocker switch from Moto Alliance for the winch control and then picked up a $10.00 toggle switch with the red cover over it. The one that acts like a safety that has to be flipped up before the toggle can be turned to on position. Most name brand auto parts stores stock them. Wire the rocker switch according to the supplied directions. Connect the toggle switch into the red power wire of the rocker switch. IMO the toggle switch acts like a safety and has to be activated so that the rocker switch cannot be inadverently pushed to either spool in or spool out your winch. This makes a very nice looking set-up for your winch control system, works great setting in the seat, and will still allow you to use the extension winch control when outside of the cab. I installed this set-up in my Ace and have used this system numerious times without any problems at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was just looking for this answer earlier yesterday. I really wanted the dash rocker along with the remote. Back to my research. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts