Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 2015 Polaris Ace 570 (White Lightening) on Nov. 15.

I take my full size FJ out to Hidden Falls about 40 minutes away and saw the guys with the RZRs having fun so I purchased my first ATV.

Here is what I have done so far, and what I have left to do. I will seperate into catagories and add photos as soon as I am able. If you have any photo requests let me know.

INSTALLED Polaris OEM Add-Ons
1. Extreme Front Brush Guard.
2. Extreme Rear Brush Guard.
3. Nerf Bars.
4. Lock and Ride Rear Cargo Box.
5. Trailerable Cover.

INSTALLED Custom Add-Ons.
1. Second 12v (keyed power) switch in the front storage compartment.
2. Warn Vantage 3000-s winch.
3. KFI winch mount kit (what a deal on Motoalliance).
4. KFI Products ATV-CHS Winch Cable Hook Stopper.
5. Kolpin 21511 KXP X-Large Rhino Grip for ATV. (behind the seats in the lock and ride holes).
6. Warn steel receiver shackle bracket for 1.25" hitch. (I was shocked that no one makes these other than Warn)
7. New set of 7”x12” wheels on factory tires. Raceline Scorpion Black wheels from Discount Tire.
8. Battery Quick Connect Plug Kit from Driver Recovery Products. (Plan to wire female end to battery, male end to a set of 10AWG jumper cable clips). Automotive lighting Red Vehicle Car Footwear

9. Custom mount for spare when on rear brush guard. Used a 1” aluminum ballast and a ½” theaded rod, plus wingnut and some hardware.
10. QNTY 3 Panavise Quick Release Interface mount points, and various clips, mounts etc.
11. Using the Panavise mount points and quick connects, I will mount a waterproof Bluetooth speaker I paid $30 for, and a waterproof phone hard case I paid $6 for.
12. A set of 4" 18W LED lights to the front brush guard and a blue "Zombie Lights" rocker switch.
13. Kolpin side mirrors.
14. Custom Rear Molle style panel from Orange Boxx Fabrication w/ two Rotopax.

PLANNED Custom Add-Ons.

15. Self made half-windshield using Nylon clamps from Ebay and Lexan sheet.
16. Self made folding/flipping sun visor using dark or tinted lexan sheet or finding one off an old automobile.

Installed Aftermarket.
1. EMP windshield.
2. EMP Cooter roof.

Planned Aftermarket
3. Super ATV Power steering kit.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part Car Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Car Motor vehicle Red Carmine Plant Vehicle Car Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Tire Auto part Tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire Wheel Radiator Grille Auto part Metal Floor Technology

White Tire Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design Gadget Technology Electronic device Hand Technology Electronic device Metal Technology Electronic device Automotive exterior Vehicle Gadget Technology Electronic device

Adding photos of the mount system.

Using the AMPS standard and the quick connects from Panavise.

This lets me mount a couple of plates, and then select which devices mount where depending on how I feed that day.

The photos show some of the optiosn.....female 3/4 ball end. Male 3/4 or 1" ball end, Go pro screw end, custom speaker mount, spring clip. Not shown are the flexible extensions you can also add.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
1. EMP* windshield (if they will sell the windshield with the metal clips and not the rubber.
2. EMP* Cooter roof (if I buy the windshield).
*This vendor does not seem to want business too bad, maybe I am wrong, but I have had a couple of bad feelings when I tried to ask questions. I worry how their support will be.
My experience with their customer service has not been top notch, but pretty good.
When I ordered my first winch mount, it did not fit. I took some photos and sent them the photos and description.
They sent me a new one and a return shipping label for the old one, and the second one was correct. But it took a LONG time to arrive.

Later, I wanted to order just the handle and bracket from their flip-up RZR windshield. They were happy to sell me that part for $30.
While placing the order on the phone with them, I had the rep go to their website and look at the photo, and confirmed which parts I was going to get.
But when it arrived, the bracket was missing.
I called and talked to another person, and again we went and looked at the photo and did my best to describe the part I was looking at, and he paraphrased me, and I thought we were good.
I was impatient, so I went to the store and got a steel bar, and cut/bent/drilled it myself to MAKE a bracket. I figured when theirs arrived, I'd swap them out.
Well, a week later, the package from EMP arrived, and what they sent me was ANOTHER handle WITHOUT the bracket. It was EXACTLY the same thing they sent the first time.
Well, now that I have made my own bracket, it's no big deal. It's just a U-shaped piece of steel with two holes drilled in it, no big deal.

The Texan also has a few things to say about EMP's customer service.

But then, I don't know if anyone makes a better windshield or roof, depending on exactly what you want. So there you are.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked how their bumper mounted and got an answer that was insufficient for my needs. I asked for more detail and got told that there was no more detail. I could not imagine buying that bumper mounting the winch to it without an explanation of how if it was tested etc.

On the windshield, I asked if it could be ordered with the steel brackets vs. rubber, they told me they would sell me the windshield, and then sell me the steel brackets for like $75 shipped. I explained that I was hoping to save the cost of the second set of brackets, I heard nothing back.

Its a shame, I try to support our vendors, but it has to be mutual.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I see.
they want $12.99/ea plus shipping for the rubber straps, which is only a few bucks difference. you'd think they'd be willing to swap those out for you and add a few bucks.

Maybe you'd have better results if you called them on the phone instead of sending PM or e-mail? Harder to ignore someone or be unreasonable in real time communication.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'd be careful with those 8'' tires on those 7'' wheels . I can see on your pics. that the bead did'nt seat all the way. I tried this also and gravel gets caught behind the bead and if you tap a stump or rock the tire will come off the bead. 6'' wide rim is max for those 8'' tires! if you bolt the rears on the front and buy two 25x11x12 NHS tires for the back its only 51'' wide and you have stock front tires and wheels for spares ! I payed 150$ for the two tires on carlile site

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Some tires just don't have deep wells there for wheel protection.
My 25x8x12 Bighorns looked like that on 7" wheels and I beat the crap out of them with no bead leaks.

It's hard to find aftermarket wheels that are less than 7" because that's the size most commonly sold, and I've been using them with 8" tires for years on multiple different ATVs.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'd be careful with those 8'' tires on those 7'' wheels . I can see on your pics. that the bead did'nt seat all the way. I tried this also and gravel gets caught behind the bead and if you tap a stump or rock the tire will come off the bead. 6'' wide rim is max for those 8'' tires! if you bolt the rears on the front and buy two 25x11x12 NHS tires for the back its only 51'' wide and you have stock front tires and wheels for spares ! I payed 150$ for the two tires on carlile site
Thanks for the tip. I had ordered an extra 25" 10-12 tire as a spare. I think I will pick up one more and go 10-12s in both front and rear. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the suggestion.

I guess I am used to rubber wearing out and at $12.95 per strap, I want something that will last.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive exterior Tread Red Electronic instrument Auto part Circle Magenta Pink Material property Technology Magenta Metal Material property Bumper Steel Pipe

Here are various photos of the spare tire mount.

Costs

1" tube clamp = $15 (Ebay).
1/2" threaded rod = $6 (Home Depot).
1/2" wingnut = $2 (Home Depot).
3/8"-24 bolts with nuts = $7 (Ebay).
6" steel plate = $6 (Metals4U).

$36 total.

Tools = Grinder/cut off wheel (to cut the rod).
Air file or regular file and lots of patience if you want to square holes for carrige bolts.
Various wrenches, sockets, drivers etc.

Note: My spare tire has a very tight space inside the nut. Other wheels wont be so bad, but it was a pain to align the holes on the plate with the nuts and get the socket in the deep holes in the wheels.

I chose to use 3/8-24" (hard to find) bolts so that I could use standard ACE lugnuts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the emp windshield and back window with the rubber straps. Seem to work well and are quick to take off for trailering. I bought 2 extra just in case.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received my custom molle rear panel today. Mounted the two Rotopax 1.75 Gallon cans to it and very happy with the final product.

MOLLE REAR PANEL
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive carrying rack Roof rack Product Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle

ROTOPAX CANS
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Auto part Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car

1 - 20 of 38 Posts