Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i get the first 570 in delaware in sept. ,then move to AZ. take to first service and he brings me my air filter n sez its really clogged,need new one.I say go ahead.then I think DIRTY ? but not on the side at prefilter. then thought well their polaris techs and dismissed it. amonth later I opened the lid to blow out filter,and it was filthy,I thought NOW I know theres problem cuz prefilter is clean.I looked at the lid closly n saw it was kinda bent. and does not set on the box right. suckin in dirt directly. told dealer your guy missed it n gave it back.he checked his aces and they are the same way.he talked to polaris n they said they have to wait to get enough complaints to redesign, recall, and fix it. so some, maby all are leaking, AND while yer checkin that.I read that the toe out was off in front end from factory, my service guy showed me the new manual and the toe out is to be 1/8 of an inch total, thats 1 1/6 on each side.I strung mine from back wheels,n they were both out almost one inch !.I set them strait and this thing handles alot better,I bet yours is toed out also.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
So i get the first 570 in delaware in sept. ,then move to AZ. take to first service and he brings me my air filter n sez its really clogged,need new one.I say go ahead.then I think DIRTY ? but not on the side at prefilter. then thought well their polaris techs and dismissed it. amonth later I opened the lid to blow out filter,and it was filthy,I thought NOW I know theres problem cuz prefilter is clean.I looked at the lid closly n saw it was kinda bent. and does not set on the box right. suckin in dirt directly. told dealer your guy missed it n gave it back.he checked his aces and they are the same way.he talked to polaris n they said they have to wait to get enough complaints to redesign, recall, and fix it. so some, maby all are leaking, AND while yer checkin that.I read that the toe out was off in front end from factory, my service guy showed me the new manual and the toe out is to be 1/8 of an inch total, thats 1 1/6 on each side.I strung mine from back wheels,n they were both out almost one inch !.I set them strait and this thing handles alot better,I bet yours is toed out also.
Welcome to the forum!

At least a dozen people here have reported an incorrect toe setting from factory, including mine. Seems to be pretty much expected.
Bummer about your malformed airbox lid! Can you do anything to fix it while waiting for Polaris to make it right? Maybe some foam tape weather stripping?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

At least a dozen people here have reported an incorrect toe setting from factory, including mine. Seems to be pretty much expected.
Bummer about your malformed airbox lid! Can you do anything to fix it while waiting for Polaris to make it right? Maybe some foam tape weather stripping?
well thank you. there in no hurry, i covered it with tape for now

·
Registered
420 Posts
will have to check out the air box for issues.
The toe was out on mine. My buddy got a new 570 at xmas time and since he knew about the toe issue beforehand he had the dealer check it before he picked it up, and yes it was out like all the others. He also had them properly grease it too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
x2 on the toe out on both of my Aces. Wheres the quality Polaris?????

·
Registered
420 Posts
I suspect they have a jig that is used to set the toe by the assembly guy and that it was made incorrectly and thats why all of them seem to be out a similar amount

·
Registered
30 Posts
Our 2 Aces toe out was off on both by at least 1/2" on each side! We used the string way of setting them ourselves. Polaris sure needs to get their quality guys on this issue. I mean...there are folks out there who are not mechanically inclined and so will ride with the toe off like that! Then, all of a sudden, they'll notice excessive tire wear after it's too late...not to mention the handling of the machine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the air box! Sounds like we all need to go over our Aces thoroughly since it doesn't seem to be getting done by Polaris before they ship them out to the dealers! Poor quality control!!!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
In theory the dealers are supposed to do this. It's called the "PDI" (pre-delivery inspection). They're also supposed to check and adjust the toe-in and stuff during the assembly process.

But I think what happens is that the buyers like to beat the dealers prices down, making them not charge the assembly fee, and so the dealers are not motivated to spend any more time than is absolutely necessary to put these things together and set the steering wheel straight.

The bottom line is that everyone should always go over their new toy carefully before trusting it with their lives and their wallets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, after reading your post about the airbox lid not fitting correctly. I went out and looked at mine before I gave it a good power washing. I had been out to n the mud and had it stuck up to the floorboards. I looked in the airbox and it was clean and so was the filter. However if I had been through real deep water it might have gotten in. I called my dealer and they told me to bring the Ace in for them to see for themselves. I have taped it off so it is sealed and not sucking in anything. I hate to take it back to them anyway, if they missed this, was it just a case of just not seeing it, or was it a case of seeing and not caring? Well any way, my break in oil change and any other work I plan on doing myself so if something is missed I have no one but me to blame.

·
Registered
525 Posts
On my 570 there is a trick to getting the lid back on correctly.

I put the tabs in the holes on the back side and lay the lid down and then I have to pull the lid forward while pushing back on the front of the air cleaner housing with my fingers to get the lid to slide over the corners and pop down.

I had noticed this while checking them out at the dealer before I bought mine so that was one of the first things I did when I got it home. My lid wasn't on right and it was deformed and turned up too far at the corners, so me being the fix it myself type rather than let the dealer work on it, I got a straight board and a clamp and clamped the lid straight and applied some heat with a hair dryer and then let it cool and sit over night and it has worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am working on snorkeling a 570 and found that the airbox is not sealed from the factory. Last night I put copious amounts of silicone on it, hopefully that will seal it until there is a fix from Polaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I have successfully sued car manufacturers due to factory defects that they refused to acknowledge.

It is my opinion that a forum of community users should bring issues to the attention of the manufacurer, and also in bringing the manufacurers to account as well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Checked mine and it seals good. Filter is pretty clean for all the dust I kick up when running in the woods.

·
Registered
525 Posts
IF it is always put on correctly it seals up fine. Once it is put on wrong and left that way for a period of time it will not seal up.

I repaired mine like I said in the post above and it works fine.

You can either fix it yourself or waste your time with Polaris and and still end up with a leaky lid the next time you put it on. You have to figure out how to put it on correctly or you will never get it fixed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts