Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with a Voo-Doo Blue 570.
image.jpeg

I left with the 2500 lb. winch installed and 60" Glacier Pro plow setup.
Next I added EMP front and rear windows and roof. I have to put the fender extensions on yet. Quality stuff!
image.jpeg

Next came the Factory UTV doors. They are awesome!
image.jpeg

Next was the street legal stuff. Turn signals, horn, windshield wiper. Most parts were sourced from Summit Racing and Auto Zone. I added a fuse block under the left side of the dash and Daystar switches from 4wd Hardware. Roof lights to be replaced with LED light bar but I had them laying around for mock up. The blue pex tubing was used as a conduit to run wires from fron to back. Also added a power on/off for the winch.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Today I added the RZR 800 14" rims with STI Black Diamond 27-9-14 all the way around. Fit great with the exception of a very slight rub at full turn on passenger side with no spacers. Now approx 11-3/8" clearance. About 51" wide up front and 53" in the rear.
image.jpeg

As I said I still need to install the fender flares, waiting for the LED light bar to arrive, custom license plate brackets (yes we have to run a front plate on the road in Ohio) I am working on completing. I will post pics if I get the State to approve me for the street. My next item is going to be back up lights (waiting on a proximity switch to arrive so I can wire it up). I bought the Ace in PA so waiting on the DCNR to release my title so I can fight with Ohio.

I will update as soon as I have any news!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm glad we don't have to put all that on here in NH. We really don't have street legal use of our ATV/UTV's here. But the state and towns have made allowances in a few area's up at the north end of the state so that we can use the local roads to get from trail system to trail system or into towns for gas or food. I don't know all the ins or outs, but as I recall the main requirements are head and tail lights with working brake lights. So pretty much the way it comes out of the crate. And I believe that the road use speed limit is a maximum of 25 MPH.

5-6 years ago we had a grand total of @ 200 miles of legal ATV/UTV trails in NH. Once the powers that be finally smartened up and figured out just how much money NH was loosing to Maine and its 5000+ mile interconnected trail system, is when the changes came about. Now we have @1200 interconnected trails in NH just in the north country alone. So far the is the only legal road use we have. The rest of the state is still broken up trail systems with anywhere from as small as 4 miles to maybe @25.

But for me to get to the interconnected NH trails, it a minimum 3 hour ride 1 way. So I usually head to Maine that is only a 45 minute ride and have axcess to 5000+ miles and never ride the same inch twice. Maine laws also let us legally run the Maine roads without having all the car/truck ammenties. Heck, up in Maine its quite common to see the Mainer's or Maine-iacs' riding the roads on ATV's wearing their best safety equipment aka beach wear aka sandles shorts and sunglasses and riding at high rates of speed....lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
We don't need any of that here in Ontario, they are legal out of the crate.
I added mirrors, just use hand signals.

That blue is gorgeous.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We don't need any of that here in Ontario, they are legal out of the crate.
I added mirrors, just use hand signals.

That blue is gorgeous.
Will, I live in Georgina and the council, in their wisdom, decided NOT to allow ATVs on the roads although when ice fishing season comes, a lot of riders ignore the law and ride to the lake.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Will, I live in Georgina and the council, in their wisdom, decided NOT to allow ATVs on the roads although when ice fishing season comes, a lot of riders ignore the law and ride to the lake.
Yeah, I heard about that. You guys need to get together and jump all over council. Its wrong.

Did you buy from Edge? That's where my 400HO came from, and my Ace will eventually be bought.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No Will my kids all got there Polaris machines from Craig at the Edge but DT Powersports had a 2015 570 left in stock in October and I saved a big lump of cash and got a two year warranty so had to get it. Georgina council are a rather unimpressive lot but who knows, they may come around one day. I have kids living in the Innisfil area and must admit it makes me a bit envious that they can ride on the roads up there. Tony

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read the Ohio revised code and see nothing that prohibits it. I used to work for the State in code compliance so am am fairly fluent in code lingo. I got all of my paperwork in order. Now to pack a lunch and head to the title office for what I assume is going to be a long day of explaining or waiting for someone to tell me the specific ORC section that prohibits it. It is easy to turn an off road motorcycle into a street legal one. Simply fill out an affidavit that says you comply with the street legal items, have it notarized, pay them something like $10 and they print you a new on road title. My buddy has done it 6 times. I am currently waiting on my title to arrive so I can do the same thing. The affidavit has a section to turn an off road vehicle into a passenger or commercial vehicle. I have complied with all of the items on the form. They should owe me a street title. At least that is what the inspection department told me. We will see. I should have my title back from the PA DCNR very soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did it! Went to the title department with all of the required paperwork. Out of state inspection form (since transferring from PA to OH), sales slip from the dealer and change of body affidavit. Told them what I wanted to do. They asked me if it was a 2 door. I told them yes. She said sedan or convertible. I told her it has a roll cage with a roof bolted on. So it is now a 2 door sedan on the title. I got full sized car plates and now waiting to be harassed by the locals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help me out

I did it! Went to the title department with all of the required paperwork. Out of state inspection form (since transferring from PA to OH), sales slip from the dealer and change of body affidavit. Told them what I wanted to do. They asked me if it was a 2 door. I told them yes. She said sedan or convertible. I told her it has a roll cage with a roof bolted on. So it is now a 2 door sedan on the title. I got full sized car plates and now waiting to be harassed by the locals.
what title office did you goto. I am having a hell of a time with this. I read all laws and there is nothing preventing us from changing titles to passenger vehicles but I have been at war with title office all day. I have met all requirements to be street legal but one office tells me I need safety inspection done by state highway patrol. other says if it say s off road use only on mco, they won't change it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I started with a Voo-Doo Blue 570.
View attachment 8857

I left with the 2500 lb. winch installed and 60" Glacier Pro plow setup.
Next I added EMP front and rear windows and roof. I have to put the fender extensions on yet. Quality stuff!
View attachment 8865

Next came the Factory UTV doors. They are awesome!
View attachment 8873

Next was the street legal stuff. Turn signals, horn, windshield wiper. Most parts were sourced from Summit Racing and Auto Zone. I added a fuse block under the left side of the dash and Daystar switches from 4wd Hardware. Roof lights to be replaced with LED light bar but I had them laying around for mock up. The blue pex tubing was used as a conduit to run wires from fron to back. Also added a power on/off for the winch.
View attachment 8881
View attachment 8889
View attachment 8897
View attachment 8905
View attachment 8913
View attachment 8921
View attachment 8929
View attachment 8945

Today I added the RZR 800 14" rims with STI Black Diamond 27-9-14 all the way around. Fit great with the exception of a very slight rub at full turn on passenger side with no spacers. Now approx 11-3/8" clearance. About 51" wide up front and 53" in the rear.
View attachment 8937

As I said I still need to install the fender flares, waiting for the LED light bar to arrive, custom license plate brackets (yes we have to run a front plate on the road in Ohio) I am working on completing. I will post pics if I get the State to approve me for the street. My next item is going to be back up lights (waiting on a proximity switch to arrive so I can wire it up). I bought the Ace in PA so waiting on the DCNR to release my title so I can fight with Ohio.

I will update as soon as I have any news!
Nice looking set up, I had a question on the plow set up .. I asked my local dealer about one a while back and was told the Ace already had slots for the plow push tube? however all the kits i seen online required a mid mount kit that reduces ground clearance . hows does yours mount up and doe it reduce clearance, and if a seperate mount is required does it remove easily for normal riding? thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice Where in Ohio did u get the tittle change did u go to bmv or a tittle office if so what’s the name of the office I just got a rzr s 1000 and would like to make it street legal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have read the Ohio revised code and see nothing that prohibits it. I used to work for the State in code compliance so am am fairly fluent in code lingo. I got all of my paperwork in order. Now to pack a lunch and head to the title office for what I assume is going to be a long day of explaining or waiting for someone to tell me the specific ORC section that prohibits it. It is easy to turn an off road motorcycle into a street legal one. Simply fill out an affidavit that says you comply with the street legal items, have it notarized, pay them something like $10 and they print you a new on road title. My buddy has done it 6 times. I am currently waiting on my title to arrive so I can do the same thing. The affidavit has a section to turn an off road vehicle into a passenger or commercial vehicle. I have complied with all of the items on the form. They should owe me a street title. At least that is what the inspection department told me. We will see. I should have my title back from the PA DCNR very soon.
What county in ohio do you live ? I live in stark county. Would love to learn more on how you done this . Has the local police or state police hassled you ? Are you limited to certain routes or routes with 35 mph or less ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i live in stark county ohio . Could you help on the process you did to do this ? Are you restricted to 35 mph or less highway?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i live in stark county ohio . Could you help on the process you did to do this ? Are you restricted to 35 mph or less highway?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice Where in Ohio did u get the tittle change did u go to bmv or a tittle office if so what’s the name of the office I just got a rzr s 1000 and would like to make it street legal
Please tell me you have a street legal 1000 in Ohio if so I will go buy one tomorrow!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts