Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always seemed to adopt technology that was quickly discontinued.

I chose:
  • HD DVD over Blueray.
  • Microsoft Zune vs. IPOD.
  • Palm Pre vs. IPHONE.

I at one time purchased a Sony Mini disc player and spent hard earned lawn mowing money on a Betamax VCR as a kid.

Glad to see the ACE is gaining in popularity.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm trying to bargain a local guy for an ACE 325. He bought it 2 years ago, just as they came out, paid full MSRP, plus the dealer bent him over another $1200 for the 5 year warrantly (I think I paid $9xx for my RZR 900 S). He wants out of it, but obviously is hurting at it's resale value. He's had it listed for 3 months now, and still can't move it, and still won't budge on price. 2 years later he thinks the extended warranty is still worth the $1200 he paid for it. On top of that, he's in a very rural area, about 200 miles from the nearest large population center, so his target audience is limited as well.

So every day, it still sits out in the sun in front of his shop, loosing even more value. He paid $8700 + taxes for it, and is trying to convince me what a bargain I can have @ $5500, yet, dealers around here can't move new ones for that price.

I told him I'd be a buyer at $4500, but I think I might be over paying even at that amount.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$5,500 would be a good deal in my area.

I would probably prefer used + warranty over new. (If I was ok with 325).

Would love to pick one up for $4500 for my dad.

·
Registered
64 Posts
$5,500 would be a good deal in my area.

I would probably prefer used + warranty over new. (If I was ok with 325).

Would love to pick one up for $4500 for my dad.
I wouldn't have a problem paying the $5500 if they were selling for that. But when they can't move new ones for that, and used ones are posted for 2-3 months w/o selling, it makes me feel edgy to pull the trigger if I want to get out of it.

Interesting economic situation when buyers aren't willing to go up and sellers aren't willing to come down.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem paying the $5500 if they were selling for that. But when they can't move new ones for that, and used ones are posted for 2-3 months w/o selling, it makes me feel edgy to pull the trigger if I want to get out of it.

Interesting economic situation when buyers aren't willing to go up and sellers aren't willing to come down.
If I were looking at a 2-year used one vs. a brand new one for only $1000 difference in price, I'd buy new.
Of course that would also depend on whether you have to pay sales tax on used vs. new in your area, and what add-on fees the dealer wants in addition to the $5500 sticker.

Early adopters take it in the shorts, that's for sure. Wish I had waited 6 months before buying mine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
One thing to keep in mind when buying used is all the aftermarket add ons that someone has purchased. A bonestock ace may sell for 7000 plus tax. But a 2 year old ace with say a lift kit, after market tires and rims, the cargo box, a winch, some aux lighting, roof, windshield nerf bars or any of the many other upgrades added to it should be easily worth 5500 in my oponion. Adding most of that stuff to my ace plus the original purchase price has put me over 10k! JMO

·
Registered
64 Posts
Found a 2015 570 w/300 miles for 6K at a local dealer. I'd grab it, if it wasn't for another $450 in taxes on top of it.

I really wanted the one that guy in Virgina in the forsale forum had, with all those accessories. I was trying to figure out how to get there when he suddenly sold it.

I'm trying to be patient person and wait for a great deal on a 570 with some decent accessories.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I owned a Honda 200 3-wheeler for 25 years. If you think it's hard to find parts for a 2 year old Ace, just try finding parts for a 25 year old 3-wheeler.
I don't think the Ace parts will be hard to find for a few years. The 900 Ace just helped sell to those who have a heavy foot and ride for the thrill.
If you want to lift and throw some big mud tires on the 330, you will have more problems. The 900 Ace is a lot more customizable.
You don't have to worry about the tire size, weight and lug height, the extra weight of add on's and having to add HP with tuners.
I think a lot of those riders who go mudding on the trails with side by sides, alone, will be the ones to buy the 900 and hop it up to go mudding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts