Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats, looks great, can't wait for mine, supposedly it was shipped 8/15 and not due to NH til next Monday or Tuesday.
Love the voodoo blue.
Again Congrats

·
Registered
107 Posts
WOW really sharp I love that Voo Doo blue color! Let us know how it runs. I have a 2014 325 Ace and am thinking of trading up. Did you have a 2014 so you would know how much more powerful it feels than the 325? With that motor it should have a ton of low end pull..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!

Won't get to really ride it until Saturday, but I did drive it up and down the alley last night a bit (which I'm sure the neighbors loved haha). The engine definitely has a lower note to it, and sounds more "manly". The biggest thing I noticed is with the 325, it didn't really start moving too good until about 3000rpm, this one has some grunt down low and starts moving right from the get-go. Much better low-end torque delivery. The color is awesome, and the only accessory I bought for it so far is the hard roof again, which I have to put on tonight. Going to wait until next year for wheels as riding season is winding down up here in ND. I'll definitely report back more this weekend though!

Also, the only change I noticed from the 325 so far is that the shift knob is different, it has a more angled shape than the oval one of the 325. I'll poke around more tonight and see if I notice any more changes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well!!! tell us about the new 570; how is the acceleration ?? does it fish tail if goosed?? etc, etc. what do you think; does it have enough get up and go? are you surprised by anything about it. let us 32 acers know???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So, I put about 40 miles on today and got the engine all broken in. A few thoughts/observations:

-Much better get up and go off the line...no waiting till 3000rpm to get moving.
-When you get into some mud, you can now shoot some rooster tails that go higher than the roof ::yahoo:
-Definitely sucks more gas. It wasn't a full tank when I got it, so I don't have any sure numbers, but I don't remember the 325 drinking the go juice that fast.
-The fan is much louder than I remember the fan on the 325 being when it kicks on.
-The motor runs a bit hotter than the 325, which is to be expected since it is quite a bit larger
-Seems much more comfortable to ride. When you push the gas pedal, it just goes. No more winding the motor out to 8500rpm to get moving. This motor tops out at 6500 rpm, and seems most at home around 5000rpm. Biggest difference for me is that if I'm going through some mud, or just want to kick it up a notch, you don't have to bury the pedal to give it some more snort. Just seems to be more effortless riding.

The road was a bit soft still, so it took a second for the wheels to gain traction. Top speed I reached was 56mph. Might get a little better as the motor breaks in more, but I'm happy with it. This is the Ace I wanted from the get go.

View attachment 1520

·
Registered
11 Posts
what size aftermarket tires/wheels will fit under the ACE without a lift kit or extra spacers?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts