Polaris ACE Forum banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I inspected my struts for cracks (did not remove them, just looked for hairlines before the trip.

I did some light climbing, nothing too bad. It was a beautiful weekend with the best weather of the year.

I was fortunate enough to be in a group of about 100 Toyota FJs so I had help since I was banged up.

The road was wide and obstacle free so I took off the tire, used a strap to make a sling on the front arm, and the winch to tow it up to a D-ring on the rear of my Toyota FJ and then secured it with chain and heavy duty tow straps. The tire on the back of the FJ made a nice soft brace against the Ace front brush guard.

I towed it back to the trailer, and got help putting a replacement strut on.

I was at Hidden Falls adventure park and they have a group that rents Aces who hooked me up with the part. That allowed me to get it up the trailer with out making more damage.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Glad to hear replacement parts were not too far away and hopefully it didn't ruin your trip completely, guess tomorrow when I install some new parts a more detailed inspection is necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just heard from my dealer...

Polaris is crawfishing on replacing my hubstruts, they say there has not been an upgrade to the new struts on the 570 therefore will not replace them....this after saying they would LOL

So I am buying them out of pocket till the Racer Tech ones are being made again.
I am hoping my dealer will get the me the parts at cost at least since I just dropped a tn on the Ace

·
Registered
5 Posts
i was comparing the 325 strut to the 900 strut, whats the difference besides $100?
325 part is 1824298
900 part is 1823974

·
Registered
5 Posts
I decided mostly for economic reasons to replace my broken strut with the factory part. I'm posting pics that clearly show that the new strut is beefed up from the original. My ACE is an early 2014 model.
Note the taller thicker gussets and increased fillet radii in many places.

New strut on left
View attachment 4573

New strut top
View attachment 4574

New strut left
View attachment 4575

Assembly part No.
View attachment 4576

Casting numbers are different. New on top.
View attachment 4577
anyone still have the pictures?

·
Registered
503 Posts
The ones you want to get are part # 1824298 and 1824299.
These are for the HD and Euro models and they are the new stronger hubstrut and have a heavy duty ball joint and they are cheaper than the US version.
They are the same as the US version except for the ball joint and price.
I don't know why they are cheaper but I don't mind paying less for a better part.
I put these on my 570 almost a year ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The ones you want to get are part # 1824298 and 1824299.
These are for the HD and Euro models and they are the new stronger hubstrut and have a heavy duty ball joint and they are cheaper than the US version.
They are the same as the US version except for the ball joint and price.
I don't know why they are cheaper but I don't mind paying less for a better part.
I put these on my 570 almost a year ago.
I guess i missed seeing i could have doing the 570 model? I ended up ordering the one for 2016 ace 900 because supposedly its the HD one. (1823974 for left).
the one you posted is about $75 cheap :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I came across this thread because I just had a left side hubstrut failure that stranded me on a narrow trail. I've got a 2015 and from these posts have learned that I have to the older strut design. I hiked out 3 miles and then was lucky to hitch a ride in the middle of nowhere the 15 miles back to my truck. After considering how hard it would be to tow the Ace out out of the 50" rocky trail I decided to repair it on site. My Ace sat in the forest for a week while waiting for the new hubstrut. The new one is beefier than the original. Fortunately I was able to install it myself on the trail and ride out. Now I'm thinking about taking my right side hubstrut to a welder to beef it up. I got lucky on this one but could have really been stranded or done more damage to the vehicle.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would say you did get lucky.
That is great that you could fix it on the trail.
That is being resourceful.
Mine was lots easier than that.
About a mile from home. I walked half way and got a ride the rest.
Drove my ranger right to it.
Pulled it up with a come along and hooked a strap to it and drug it home.
I am an old guy so if I had been in your situation I would have been in a pucker.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing your tale Rockman. The silver lining from my experience is that I learned a lot about the front end of a Polaris ACE. Confidence in doing my own repairs has expanded greatly.

181 - 192 of 192 Posts